Duke of Manhattan by Louise Bay | Blog Tour + Review


Release Date: May 16, 2017 (today!)
Source of my copy: Social Butterfly PR
Series: standalone
Synopsis
I was born into British aristocracy, but I’ve made my fortune in Manhattan. New York is now my kingdom.

Back in Britain my family are fighting over who’s the next Duke of Fairfax. The rules say it’s me--if I’m married. It’s not a trade-off worth making. I could never limit myself to just one woman.

Or so I thought until my world is turned upside down. Now, the only way I can save the empire I built is to inherit the title I’ve never wanted-- so I need a wife.

To take my mind off business I need a night that’s all pleasure. I need to bury myself in a stranger.

The skim of Scarlett King’s hair over my body as she bends over...

The scrape of her nails across my chest as she screams my name...

The bite of her teeth on my shoulder just as we both reach the edge...

It all helps me forget.

I just didn’t bargain on finding my one night stand across the boardroom table the next day.

She might be my latest conquest but I have a feeling Scarlett King might just conquer me.



Duke of Manhattan is my first ever read by Louise Bay and I am in love! It won't definitely be my last.

Duke of Manhattan is about Ryder Westbury, born to British aristocracy but made his fortune in New York, and Scarlett King, who moved to New York after her divorce and started a fragrance company with her best friend called Cecily Fragrance.

Ryder and his sister Darcy were raised by their grandfather, the Duke of Fairfax, after their parents basically abandoned them. When their grandfather fell and broke his hip, Ryder got called back to England and the Duke had some bad news. With the Duke old and his health quickly deteriorating, the next married male heir is line is set to inherit. This wouldn't have been a big deal since the very single (and loving it!) Ryder had no interest in inheriting, but estate would go to his jealous cousin Frederick and his horrible wife Victoria. And because the old Duke invested in Ryder's company under the estate trust, now Ryder's company is tangled up in the mess and he knows that Frederick will do anything to bring Ryder and his company down.

So, Ryder needs to marry in order to save his company and he doesn't want just any woman who'll only marry him for his title and wealth. So, he goes to the bar to mull over his problems and also at that same bar is Scarlett King who was being urged by her sister to have a good ole one night stand as a sort of cleanse from her dating and relationship hang ups ever since her husband divorced her for being "boring" and "predictable." They hook up and the sex was H-O-T dirty hot!

They meet again at a business meeting, and Ryder realized he's found a solution to his problem. Scarlett needed a lot money to pay off Cecily Fragrance's loans, and Ryder was willing to save her business and in return they marry and stay married for three years to save his.

Neither are expecting to fall in love, but well, you know...

Duke of Manhattan ticks off some of my favorite historical romance tropes, namely marriage of convenience. But, as an added treat it's set in modern times and it makes it all the more delicious. Louise Bay is also a fabulous author--I love her style of writing! So very readable and devourable. I stayed up way too late reading Duke of Manhattan, but I couldn't get enough of Ryder and Scarlett. The sizzling chemistry between them was off the charts hot! I love the mix of steamy sex, swoon-y heartfelt moments, and humor. 

I am so excited to read more books by Louise Bay. One-click Duke of Manhattan for a fun, sexy, entertaining rom-com read that will have you turning up your AC. Highly recommended!

About the Author
USA Today bestselling author, Louise Bay writes sexy, contemporary romance novels - the kind she likes to read. Her books include the novels Faithful and Hopeful and the novella series' The Empire State Series, What the Lightning Sees and Calling Me. The novels and together the series are stand-alone although there are some overlapping characters.

Ruined by romantic mini-series of the eighties, Louise loves all things romantic. There's not enough of it in real life so she disappears into the fictional worlds in books and films.

Louise loves the rain, the West Wing, London, days when she doesn't have to wear make-up, being on her own, being with friends, elephants and champagne.

She loves to hear from readers so get in touch!

No comments

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.