Monday, May 15, 2017


Hi everyone,
Captain by Lauren Rowe is out today! One of my favorite reads of 2016 is Ball Peen Hammer so I was very excited to pick up Captain, which focuses on Keane's older brother Ryan. Read on for my thoughts about Captain and for more info about the book.

Release Date: May 15, 2017 (today!)
Source of my copy: Give Me Books
Series: standalone
Synopsis
It wasn’t the way this kind of story was supposed to go . . .
Insta-love isn’t supposed to turn into insta-hate.

But that’s exactly what happened when the hot-as-hell dreamboat I met in a bar turned out to be a lying, cheating scumbag-player-douche looking for nothing but a little side action. Jerk.

And he has the nerve to call me a liar and a “sociopath”? Assh*le.

And now, three months later, through a mind-blowing series of events I couldn’t have predicted in a million years, it turns out my boss is marrying his sister in Hawaii and I’ve got to play nice with him for an entire freaking week.

Okay, sure, I’ll put on a happy face this week and act like I’ve never even met the jerk before--did I mention his sister is marrying my boss?--but that doesn’t mean I’ll like it. And it certainly doesn’t mean I’ll stop secretly hating the cocky bastard’s guts.

Because I do.
I hate him.
I really do.

I just wish my brain would explain the situation to my body . . . because every time he flashes that panty-melting smile at me, it takes all my self-restraint not to jump the bastard’s hot-as-f*ck bones.



Having just broken up with a crazy, bunny-boiling loon of a girl, Ryan goes to a bar to meet his friends only to meet "Samantha." Samantha is actually Tessa who was at the same bar trying get her flirt on after nine months of being a hermit after her break up with her cheating boyfriend. At the urging of her best friend, she's dressed up as a stewardess and using a fake name, Samantha. Tessa and Ryan had an instant connection, until it was interrupted by Ryan's crazy ex-girlfriend, Olivia, who thought they were still together.

After that Ryan couldn't stop thinking about a sexy stewardess named Samantha he met at a bar. He even got his soon-to-be brother-in-law's friend to use his hacking skill to track her down but to no avail. Tessa herself couldn't forget about the sexy man named Ryan she met at a bar, but she thinks he's a lying, cheating douche having met and getting cursed at that night by Olivia who made the impression that Ryan is cheating on his girlfriend.

These two thought seeing each other again is a lost cause in a city of over 3 million people until they come face to face at Ryan's sister's destination wedding in Hawaii. And Ryan was in for a huge surprise when he found out that Samantha the sexy stewardess he couldn't stop thinking about and have been obsessively looking for the last three months was none other than his soon-to-be brother-in-law's personal assistant named Tessa--did he just fall for a bunny-boiling loon again?

Captain was such a fun, hilarious read. Ryan's nickname is Captain Morgan, and there's a hilarious running analogy of Captain Ahab's hunt for his elusive whale with "Samantha" being Captain Morgan's whale. I find I enjoy Lauren Rowe's brand of humor. I also loved spending time with the Morgan clan and their friends that I met in Ball Peen Hammer. I love the dynamics between each of the Morgan siblings, their parents, their significant others and their friends--they are one big crazy, nickname giving, smack-talking family. OMG, their crazy nicknames for each other were awesome and I can relate because I'm notorious for giving my siblings (and sometimes parents if I can get away with it) crazy, weird nicknames all in good fun.  

Ryan and Tessa were wonderful on their own and when together their chemistry sizzles. I loved how they went from inta-love to hate sex (make that very steamy hate sex) to a swoony HEA. Ryan is a real estate broker whose real dream is to own his own bar and Tessa is all about the details, practical, think-before-she-acts, and a self-described perfectionist. I just love the two of them together.

I also enjoyed the fact that most of the book is set where I live so I was able to recognize place names and the activities they did.

If you've read Ball Peen Hammer like I have, Captain is set around the time of Kat and Josh's wedding and I want to say a several months before BPH. But, while Captain is connected with Lauren Rowe's other books it can be read as a standalone. 

Captain was an all-around good time! Hilarious, fun, and sexy--I can't wait to read more by Lauren Rowe. Here' hoping she'll also write more books featuring the Morgan clan and their friends. I like that she doesn't stick to a strict timeline and can revisit couples we've already met or mentioned and she can write a full story about them. I'm definitely looking forward to more books featuring the last two Morgan brothers.

I recommend you pick up Captain if you're looking for a lighthearted, hilarious yet steamy read.




About the Author
USA Today and internationally bestselling author Lauren Rowe lives in San Diego, California, where, in addition to writing books, she performs with her dance/party band at events all over Southern California, writes songs, takes embarrassing snapshots of her ever-patient Boston terrier, Buster, spends time with her wonderful family, and narrates audiobooks. Much to Lauren’s thrill, her books have been translated all over the world in multiple languages and hit multiple domestic and international bestseller lists. With enticing characters, enthralling situations and a general love of romantic fiction, Lauren has created a world of her own, full of wit and sensual desire.



Happy reading,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.