All About the D by Lex Martin & Leslie McAdam | Review + Release Blitz


Release Date: May 2, 2017 (today!)
Source of my copy: L. Woods PR
Series: standalone
Synopsis
I'm known for being formal. Meticulous. Professional.

So you’d never suspect I spend my nights photographing my impressive junk for a NSFW blog. Don’t roll your eyes. I’m not bragging. I have millions of followers who’ll tell you they live for my posts.

I’m like a superhero, saving humanity one dick pic at a time.

Except leading a double life means I need someone to help me protect my anonymity, so that no one, especially my family, ever discovers my online celebrity.

When I call one of the most respected law firms in town, I expect quality legal advice and confidentiality. Not a sinfully sexy attorney whose dangerous curves and soul-piercing gray eyes make me want to personally demonstrate my particular skill set.

I shouldn’t be tempted.

Especially when she knows all of my best-kept secrets. But everyone has a breaking point. And I’ve met mine.



How did a handsome, glasses wearing, wealthy man from a  wealthy and prominent Portland family end up running a dick blog called All About the D? For Josh Cartwright it all started as a dare from his best friend, but lo and behold his blog blew up, getting millions of hits and comments every time he posts a new NSFW picture. Soon, companies that specializes in sex toys and dildo are contacting him. Despite his apprehension about word getting out about his secret "hobby," he knew he needed an attorney to help him with the deals and contracts and all the legalese.

So, he contacts Evelyn "Evie" Mills, a new associate at the prestigious law firm. Landing a Cartwright as a client would go a long way for Evie who is trying to get her footing at her law firm. She just has to convince the conservative partners at her very traditional law firm to take on someone who runs a dick blog. The moment Evie and Josh meet, there was an instant attraction between them, but with Josh potentially being her client Evie knew they cannot act on their attraction and just remain as friends... until they can, because the partners decided not to represent Josh.

Then, Josh somehow ended up charming the partners and they had a change of heart, which meant that Evie is now truly is his attorney and they couldn't be together despite the smoldering attraction between them that may be turning into something more. It doesn't help that they are spending more time together as client and attorney...

When I heard All About the D is about a sexy dick blogger, I was like sign me up! I've been really into male stripper romance lately and I thought All About the D is in a similar vein. Well, not really. Josh runs a dick blog, albeit a "classy" one since he like to superimpose his dick against city backdrops and city skylines, because he is an architect and a very successful one. Of course, the dick blog is secondary and the focus is really on how Josh and Evie navigate their professional and personal relationship with each other, which didn't really bring anything new to what I've read in the past with characters in similar situations. Evie and Josh's story didn't feel fresh.

I especially liked Josh's character. He's the secret deviant in his family, which included a brother who is running for senate and his parents are the crème de la crème of the Portland socialites. He knows if his secret blog is made public, it will be huge scandal not only for him but his entire family. Throughout the book, it was implied that if Josh's family ever finds out about his dick blog, they'd cut him off and would never speak to him again. But, the thing was, when his family learned about his blog their reaction wasn't as explosive as I thought it was going to be.

Evie herself was a little frustrating--she struggled with either going forward with her relationship with Josh at the detriment of her career, or keeping things platonic with him. So, she's pushing him away only to pulls him back in and I'm not a fan of that kind of drama.

There were standout parts that had me giggling, like when Josh had to make a mold of his dick and he couldn't get it hard enough so he kept screwing it up. Then, there's the classic scene of Evie's lovable but overexcited dog pulling her in a muddy puddle and Josh happened to just be there to lend his shirt. Of course, there's Josh's best friend, Drew, the lovable screw-up slob with the big beer belly, the total opposite of neat and meticulous Josh. Drew added some comedic relief to the story.

I enjoyed All About the D overall. It wasn't a bad book, but it didn't live up to my expectations and it was missing... something to make it really stand-out. However, the sex scenes were very steamy, there were some swoon-worthy moments, and overall a fun read.

Amazon US ➞ http://amzn.to/2oMujdU
Amazon UK ➞ http://amzn.to/2qbzwAN
**Free on Kindle Unlimited**

$25 Gift Card Giveaway Just for Readers!


About the Authors
Leslie McAdam is a California girl who loves romance, Little Dude, and well-defined abs. She lives in a drafty old farmhouse on a small orange tree farm in Southern California with her husband and two small children. Leslie always encourages her kids to be themselves – even if it means letting her daughter wear leopard print from head to toe. An avid reader from a young age, she will always trade watching TV for reading a book, unless it’s Top Gear. Or football. Leslie is employed by day but spends her nights writing about the men you fantasize about. She’s unapologetically sarcastic and notoriously terrible at comma placement (that’s what editors are for!). Always up for a laugh, Leslie tries to see humor in all things. When she’s not in the writing cave you’ll find her fangirling over Beck, camping with her family, or mixing up oil paints to depict her love of outdoors on canvas.


Lex Martin is the USA Today bestselling author of Shameless and The Dearest Series. She writes contemporary romances, the sexy kind with lotsa angst, a whole lotta kissing, and the hot happily ever afters. When she's not writing, she lives a parallel life as an English teacher. She loves printing black and white photos, listening to music on vinyl, and getting lost in a great book. Bitten by wanderlust, she's lived all over the country but currently resides in the City of Angels with her husband and twin daughters.



No comments

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.