Uninspired 2016 Blogging + Getting My Blogging Groove Back in 2017

Hello everyone,
The last few days I've been wrapping up the year 2016 book- and blogging-wise. If you haven't had a chance to see the previous posts yet, I listed my favorite and most most disappointing reads of 2016 and I talked about how I did with my 2016 reading goals and outlined my new 2017 goals.

Today, I am going to talk about my blogging plans for 2017 and what you can expect on this blog going forward.

You might have noticed that in the past few years I've been blogging less and less. In the years 2014 and 2015 it's because I've participated in less weekly memes and stopped putting up what I consider "fluff" just so I have a post up that week. But, in 2016 I only put up a total number of 79 posts--the least amount of posts in the six years I've been blogging.

To be honest, I've been kind of slowly losing interest in book blogging throughout 2016. Don't get me wrong, I participated in some fabulous blog tours in 2016 and those were fun, but besides those I felt uninspired and bored. Maybe it's because other things like my new Redbubble store, or Twitter and Instagram have been taking up the time I usually dedicate to blogging, but more often than not I'd rather do anything else but blog. It's becoming another chore I have to do rather something I want to do.

In 2017 I really want to recapture my enthusiasm and love of book blogging. If I can't then 2017 will probably be my last year as a book blogger, because what's the point?

So, here's what you can expect on this here blog in 2017.

More sexy romance and new adult books. While we do feature and review romance novels and new adult on our blog, we primarily highlight YA novels. However, in 2017 there will be a shift and we'll be featuring more NA/romance titles. We'll still be featuring YA books, of course, but more selectively and less frequently. This means there will likely be more naked torsos on this here blog this year. You've been warned, but, no worries, it will be a good time! ;-)

My Redbubble store. I opened a Redbubble store on a whim back in April of 2016 and haven't really done much with it until this winter. Graphic design is a fun, new thing I've been really getting into and I've put up new designs the last few weeks. Surprisingly, people are actually buying my designs and I've gotten some really positive feedback! So, I'm planning on doing more with it and actually advertising new designs I put up. That means you'll hear more about my store here on the blog.

Reviews of bookish merch. I'm kind of obsessed with bookish merch and I am planning on reviewing some of my purchases or featuring some of my faves.
Me on Etsy when I'm looking at all the bookish things.
Monthly wrap-ups and TBRs. I want to get into the habit of doing monthly wrap-ups that way I can share my thoughts about books that I read but did not write full reviews of. As for TBRs, I'm a mood reader so they don't usually work for me but I'm thinking maybe instead of listing books I plan to read, I can pick a theme instead (sort of like my 2016 TBR Jar) and pick books to read based on that monthly theme. That way I still have the freedom to pick and choose what books to read based on my mood.

GIFs. There will be more gifs. I will be incorporating gifs in my reviews, wrap-ups, updates, etc. Gifs are fun!

*****
That is it for now. Thank you so much for sticking with us and our blog. I really, really hope 2017 is the year I love blogging again because I do want to keep doing it and having fun doing it. If you have any tips on keeping your blogging spirits up and keeping things light and fun rather than an obligation, please share them!

Happy reading,
Michelle

No comments

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.