Tuesday, September 27, 2016

This Adventure Ends Blog Tour | This Adventure Inspires

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 with
Labels:

Hello everyone,
I am so excited to be part of the This Adventure Ends blog tour to celebrate the release of Emma Mills's sophomore novel This Adventure Ends

For the blog tour, a number of us participants were given a mini easel and we're supposed to decorate it according to the theme of our choosing. Mine is This Adventure Inspires and I went with "inspire" because it's one of my favorite words of all time. Inspire means (according to Oxford Dictionary) "to fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially something creative." Such an amazing word!

Here's what I came up with.

This Adventure Inspires
My little creation is inspired by a quilt pattern that I love called "storm at sea"--google it and see how the pattern looks as a whole. My little easel is just a small portion of it.  I used a combination of sharpies and watercolor pencils to make it.

I am inspired by patterns. I love looking at quilt patterns, tile, mosaic, wallpaper, needlepoint... I can spend hours poring over different patterns.

So, what does this have to do with This Adventure Ends?

Well, in the novel our main character Sloane is looking for a painting that was painted by her new friends' mom, who died two years ago.

Here's more information about This Adventure Ends.

Sloane isn't expecting to fall in with a group of friends when she moves from New York to Florida—especially not a group of friends so intense, so in love, so all-consuming. Yet that's exactly what happens.

Sloane becomes closest to Vera, a social-media star who lights up any room, and Gabe, Vera's twin brother and the most serious person Sloane's ever met. When a beloved painting by the twins' late mother goes missing, Sloane takes on the responsibility of tracking it down, a journey that takes her across state lines—and ever deeper into the twins' lives.

Filled with intense and important friendships, a wonderful warts-and-all family, shiveringly good romantic developments, and sharp, witty dialogue, this story is about finding the people you never knew you needed.

I am currently reading This Adventure Ends and it's so good! I'm halfway done and have a feeling Emma Mills will be joining my list of favorite contemporary authors. I will be reviewing This Adventure Ends on a different day, so you can read my full thoughts about the novel then.

For more info about This Adventure Ends, you can stop by Macmillan's page or chat with the author on Twitter.

Happy reading,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.