Monday, July 11, 2016


Hello everyone,
Maybe you've seen the sexy covers above and was curious about them? Well, here's author Christina Saunders to tell you more about her new series about three sexy brothers who are all lawyers, the bad-ass women (also all lawyers) who loves them, and the shenanigans they all get into.
Author Christina Saunders
First, thanks for reading and reviewing! Second, thanks for letting me come ramble for a minute on your blog. The Bad Bitch Series is near and dear to my heart. Though I'm a full time writer now (as Christina Saunders and also under my pen name, Celia Aaron), I was an attorney for several years before following my writing dream. I served as a prosecutor right out of law school, then worked in private practice defending white collar lawsuits. As you may have guessed, my legal pursuits played into the Bad Bitch Series, as each centers around lawyers.

Lawyers are a strange bunch. We love to drink (too much). We love to argue (too much). And a lot of us live for the drama of the courtroom (too much). I pretty much meet all those tests, and I take those traits even further with my characters. Evan, the heroine of Bad Bitch, is the quintessential hot shot attorney who is a force to be reckoned with. She is undeniably alpha--at least until she meets Lincoln, who is undeniably even more alpha. In Hardass, Washington tries to be the stuffy, uptight attorney with his career on the front burner. He does well at it until Caroline shows up and really turns up the heat. And, in Total D*ck, Kennedy is the unrepentant rake who meets his legal and love match, Scarlett.

All of my characters are spirited, intelligent, and fire in the sack. They spring from my experience and also my imagination (side note: I've never seen an episode of Law & Order in my life). These books aren't ripped from the headlines, but they are sure to take you on a trip and leave you wanting more. I hope you enjoy reading about my three brothers and their sassy women as much as I enjoyed writing about them.

PS Give Evan a chance. Yeah, she's a Bad Bitch, but she has a lot of heart once you get to know her.
PPS The sex scenes are SMOKIN'. Believe it.

Thanks for reading and for having me on the blog! xx

Here are my thoughts about each of the books in the series.


Publisher: Swerve/St. Martin's Press Romance
Release Date: July 5, 2016
Source of my copy: eARC via publisher
Summary
They call me the Bad Bitch. A lesser woman might get her panties in a twist over it, but me? I'm the one who does the twisting. Whether it's in the courtroom or in the bedroom, I've never let anyone - much less a man - get the upper hand.

Except for that jerk attorney Lincoln Granade. He's dark, mysterious, smoking hot and sexy as hell. He's nothing but a bad, bad boy playing the part of an up and coming premiere attorney. I'm not worried about losing in a head to head battle with this guy. But he gets me all hot and bothered in a way no man has ever done before. I don't like a person being under my skin this much. It makes me want to let go of all control, makes me want to give in. This dangerous man makes me want to submit to him completely, again, and again, and again...


Michelle's Thoughts:
The Bad Bitch series revolves around the Granade brothers: Lincoln, Washington ("Wash"), and Kennedy. They are all lawyers based in New Orleans. Bad Bitch is the first book in the series and it focuses on Lincoln, the oldest of the brothers and an Assistant United States Attorney, and Evangeline "Evan" Pallida, an attorney from New York and the "bad bitch" of the title.

Evan is the head of her New York law firm, Pallida & Associates, and everyone else serves her and cowers in her wake. She dominates in the courtroom--she's very intelligent and she uses her intellect to turn the law in favor of her clients who are usually white-collar criminals. Most men fear her and are intimidated by her in and out of the bedroom--she's a man-eater and a bitch in every sense of the word.

Enter Lincoln Granade, who is assigned to the same big case as Evan and is opposing counsel. Evan realized she has found her match in Lincoln--both in the courtroom and in the bedroom. Sparks, no, fireworks flew between these two and it was really fun to watch two alphas butting heads.

It did take me a while to get into the story though because I wasn't a huge fan of Evan at first. I'm all for reading about bad-ass women dominating in their field, which Evan definitely was, but she came across as bitchy mean, which I didn't like. Like, how she treated her secretary--Evan was purposely bitchy to her to supposedly help her build some backbone, but I couldn't help putting myself in that secretary's shoes. I also didn't like how she purposely seek white collar criminals as her clients. Once she started showing some vulnerabilities and we learn about her past and why she became the way she was, I started warming up to her.

As for Lincoln's character, he didn't really make that big an impression on me and I neither liked or disliked him. I feel like Evan dominated the novel so much that Lincoln kind of got lost. I read Bad Bitch a couple of weeks ago and all I remember was Evan.

Overall, Bad Bitch was a quick, entertaining read. I basically read it in two sittings, because I did get sucked in the legal drama, and the hot, sexy romance (like, turn-up-the-AC hot).



Publisher: Swerve/St. Martin's Press Romance
Release Date: July 5, 2016
Source of my copy: eARC via publisher
Summary
I cave in to no one. My hardass exterior is what makes me one of the hottest defense lawyers around. It's why I'm the perfect guy to defend the notorious Bayou Butcher serial killer - and why I'll come out on top.

Except this new associate I've hired is unnaturally skilled at putting chinks in my well-constructed armor. Her brazen talk and fiery attitude make me want to take control of her and silence her - in ways that will keep both of us busy till dawn. She drives me absolutely 100% crazy, but I need her for this case. I need her in my bed. I need her to let loose the man within me who fights with rage and loves with scorching desire...


Michelle's Thoughts:
Hardass is my favorite out of the three books in the series. It brought to mind this southern legal drama TV show called Reckless that was on CBS back in 2014 (unfortunately, it only lasted for one season but it's available on Netflix), but Hardass is better because we actually get to see our main leads get together and have a happily ever after. Okay, basically Hardass a much, much sexier and steamier version of Law & Order.

Hardass is Washington "Wash" Granade's story. He's a partner in a top law firm in New Orleans and he has to defend the man suspected to be the Bayou Butcher serial killer. The associate assisting him is cheeky and sassy Caroline Montreat, who I loved right away. Caroline isn't from a rich family and she didn't graduate from a top tier law school, but she's very smart and very quick. She's had a crush on Wash, and Wash was attracted to her, but their firm has a strict non-fraternization policy. Since Wash is one of the partners and Caroline is an associate fresh out of law school, there's that forbidden element between them, which complicates their relationship but also makes smexing extra HOT.

I also really enjoyed the mystery in Hardass. Wash and Caroline were trying to prove that their client is not the serial killer, so they had to go out and investigate and talk to some really colorful characters Law & Order style. I did figure out who the killer was before Wash and Caroline, but not that much before which was fun for me because I love a good mystery.

My issue with Hardass was some of Caroline's choices and decisions that could've and did put her in danger. It kind of crossed the TSTL (too stupid to live) line. Also, the confrontation and fight between Wash and the killer in the end ended too quickly and lacked the impact I'm used to from previous reads of the same vein.

Overall, Hardass was an awesome, entertaining read. It has pretty much everything I wanted in my romances: likable characters, super HOT smexy scenes, an interesting mystery, and a plot that moved very quickly and kept me glued to my Kindle.



Publisher: Swerve/St. Martin's Press Romance
Release Date: July 5, 2016
Source of my copy: eARC via publisher
Summary
I’m your classic skirt chaser. A womanizer. A total d*ck. My reputation is dirtier than a New Orleans street after a Mardi Gras parade. I take unwinnable cases and win them. Where people see defeat, I see a big fat paycheck. And when most men see rejection, it’s because the sexiest woman at the bar has already promised to go home with me.

But Scarlett Carmichael is the one person I can’t seem to conquer. This too-cool former debutante has it all—class, attitude, and a body that begs to be worshipped. I’ve never worked with a person like her before—hell, I’ve never played nice with anyone before in my life, and I’m not about to start with her. This woman wasn’t meant to be played nicely with. It’s going to be dirty. It’s going to be hot. She’s about to spend a lot of time with the biggest d*ck in town. And she’s going to love every minute of it…


Michelle's Thoughts:
I liked Total D*ck more than Bad Bitch but not as much as I enjoyed Hardass. However, Kennedy is my favorite of the Granade brothers and the mystery is still engrossing.

Scarlett Carmichael's new case involves some high level cyber hacking between two rival tech companies, but before she can bring it to court she first needs to find hard evidence that her client's rival actually did the hacking. She hired Carey, a former hacker to do the tech-y side of things, and Kennedy Granade to act as second chair to Scarlett. When Scarlett first approached Kennedy, he was very dismissive and a total dick to Scarlett, who he assumed was a secretary rather than the intelligent, only female lawyer in her firm. But the case promised a big payout and Kennedy was all about that and then he was all about Scarlett, who, he realized, was more than the buttoned-up, prim and proper lawyer facade she shows the world.

Both Kennedy and Scarlett were both likable and I enjoyed the banter between them. I loved how motivated and tenacious Scarlett was--she didn't let anyone stand on her way, including Kennedy. Kennedy is my favorite of the Granade brothers because he's the most laid-back and easy-going of the three. He's the lovable manwhore, and Scarlett knew she had to stay away from him. She doesn't want to be just another notch in his bedpost and he's the complete opposite of her. But, of course, the attraction between them is undeniable. Scarlett found herself unable to resist Kennedy's charms, while she brings out Kennedy's unexpected protective side.

I found myself laughing more in this book than in the previous two--there was more humor here mostly because of Kennedy. As with the other two books, Total D*ck does not disappoint in the steam factor--Scarlett and Kennedy were hot together. I also like the mystery--not as much as I did the mystery in Hardass because serial killers over cyber hacking any day, but it was still interesting and the final confrontation was much more exciting and not as rushed as in Hardass.

Overall, Total D*ck was an entertaining, satisfying, and sexy read with two likable characters in Scarlett and Kennedy with an interesting mystery. Also, you get an epilogue in which Lincoln and Evan ties the knot and features all three couples.

Final Thoughts About the Bad Bitch Series:
Who can resist those cover, am I right? I'm giving the entire series a 3.5 out 5 stars overall. While the plot in each book isn't anything new, I was highly entertained by all of them anyway. They're fun and steamy, and the mysteries (especially in Hardass and Total D*ck) were interesting. Each book was fast-paced and the writing is excellent and readable. It was great having three intelligent, bad-ass female characters in all three books and the Granade brothers were all very sexy. In her guest post above, author Christina Saunders promises some smokin' hot sex scenes and she does not disappoint. If you enjoy steamy legal romances, definitely look into this series. Each book can be read as a standalone.


Happy reading,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.