The Winner's Kiss Blog Tour: The Winning Kiss Belongs To...


Hello everyone,
I am so excited to be part of the The Winner's Kiss blog tour! I absolutely love The Winner's Trilogy, and I am counting down the days until I can get my hands on my beautiful hardcover copy. Because even though the lovely people of Macmillan kindly sent the participants of this blog tour e-ARCs, I need to read how everything ends and what will happen to Arin and Kestrel with the physical book in my hands.

Okay, just in case you haven't seen the gorgeous The Winner's Kiss book cover or read the synopsis, here it is.

War has begun. Arin is in the thick of it with untrustworthy new allies and the empire as his enemy. Though he has convinced himself that he no longer loves Kestrel, Arin hasn’t forgotten her, or how she became exactly the kind of person he has always despised. She cared more for the empire than she did for the lives of innocent people—and certainly more than she did for him.

At least, that’s what he thinks.

In the frozen north, Kestrel is a prisoner in a brutal work camp. As she searches desperately for a way to escape, she wishes Arin could know what she sacrificed for him. She wishes she could make the empire pay for what they’ve done to her.

But no one gets what they want just by wishing.

As the war intensifies, both Kestrel and Arin discover that the world is changing. The East is pitted against the West, and they are caught in between. With so much to lose, can anybody really win?

So gorgeous! I can't get over this cover and I wait to get my hands on my copy so I can stare at that red dress.

For the blog tour, we were asked to share our favorite literary kiss: what is it in, who's involved in the kiss, and why is it my favorite. Of course, the first book that came to mind was Pride and Prejudice. Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth and their kiss in the end that I've anticipated since the moment they met is one of my absolute favorite literary kisses. But that's such as cliche answer so I decided to feature one of my other [more modern] more steamier of literary kisses...

What book is your favorite literary kiss in?
Not from one book, but from a series--The Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi.

Who is kissing?
Juliette and Warner (Of course! Adam is bleh.)

Why is it your favorite?
I read the Shatter Me series about a year ago, so I was a bit late to the series. But before I even picked it up I kept hearing people talking about Warner and how they ship him with Juliet. After I read Shatter Me, I was confused why people would ship Warner with Juliette--the guy was awful! But at the same time, I didn't let myself get too attached to Adam (Juliette's other love interest) because even though Warner was awful in the first book I was still kind of rooting for him. I mean, all the Warner shippers (which was basically everybody) couldn't be wrong right?!

Warner and Juliette actually passionately made-out kissed for the first time at the end of Shatter Me, but despite her discovering that there's this strong sexy connection between her and Warner when they kissed, she did it to distract him so she and Adam can escape. So, that was not my favorite kiss.

My favorite kiss between Juliette and Warner happened in book 2, Unravel Me. Chapter 62, to be exact. Warner was at his sweetest, most open, and most sensitive in this scene. I swooned, you guys. It's my favorite kiss in the whole series even though Juliette goes and ruins it in the end by calling Adam's name... URGH!!

And of course there were more kissing scenes between Juliette and Warner in Ignite Me and I love those as well. But, nothing beats Chapter 62 in Unravel Me (despite Juliette's horridness--I really hated her after).

**Forgive all the kissing Frary gifs. I love this couple! I stopped watching Reign after season 1 (because I heard their relationship deteriorates in the later seasons) so they are forever my OTP and I pretend they live happily ever after.

Bonus Question: What kiss do you hope will occur in Marie Rutkoski's The Winner's Kiss?
ALL of the Arin and Kestrel kisses. I hope there will be a lot of kissing between them.

****
What about you guys? What book has your favorite literary kiss in?

Happy reading,
Michelle

P.S. If you want to fangirl about Arin and Kestrel, Warner and Juliette, and/or Francis and Mary, I'm @chelleyreads on Twitter. ;)

Daphne, consider yourself kissed.

No comments

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.