Saturday, December 26, 2015

New Blog Name | Undeniably Book Nerdy

Saturday, December 26, 2015 with
Hello everyone,
In less than a week it will 2016 and I am so excited to see what the new coming year will bring both in my personal life and in book blogging. Never does the potential for change and new possibilities hit me quite so hard as in the cusp of a new year.

And with the new year comes one big change for our blog: a new name. I've been wanting to change our blog name for a while now because I feel like we've kind of outgrown the name "Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks." For one, Leslie is barely blogging anymore. She's at university now, is very busy, and has other priorities. So, it's a bit misleading to call it "Michelle & Leslie" when almost all of our content is coming from me. Of course, Leslie will still blog once in a while when time allows (mostly during breaks and summer vacation) because she's still as big a reader as ever.

Another reason is that Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks is such a mouthful. It doesn't roll on the tongue well--really, it's too long. When I first started the blog I didn't really give name (as well as the URL) much thought. I just wanted to start blogging already and I just went with the first name I thought of. Then, when Leslie started blogging with me I just added on her name.

Also, I thought our former name is very limiting. We want to open up the blog to potential co-bloggers sometime in the future and we want them to feel some ownership to the blog. I don't think they will if the blog is called Michelle & Leslie's.


So, after 6 years as Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks, we've decided (despite Leslie's initial reluctance) that our new name will be Undeniably Book Nerdy. It's shorter, rolls off the tongue better, and it still perfectly describes us because we are undeniably book nerdy.

BUT, only our name will change. Everything else will stay the same. Our content and our focus on YA, NA and romance novels will stay the same, our blog's look stay the same (we're quite attached to our blog design--it was custom made for us), and our URL will remain the same.

I am also personally hoping that with our new blog name will come a new vitality and enthusiasm in how I tackle and write my posts. I still love book blogging, but admittedly over the years I have lost a bit of my... zest for it.

So, what do you all think of our new blog name? I hope you like it as much as we do!

Happy reading,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.