Friday, December 25, 2015

2015 Bookish Goals | Accomplished?

Friday, December 25, 2015 with
Hello everyone,
I hope you're all having a very merry day filled with loved ones and friends, great food, and all the books on my wish list.

At the beginning of 2015, I listed 5 bookish goals that I hope to accomplish by this time of the year. It is now time to look back and see if I did.

Goal 1: Read 80 books (or more) in 2015.

Yep, I did that. Actually, I read over 80 books! Right now I'm at 91 and since I have about a week left of 2015, I can probably squeeze in a couple more books.

Goal 2: Accept less review books and read more of the books that I bought/buy.

Nope. I read more of my own books in 2015 than in the previous year but the review-books/my-own-books is still skewed towards review books.

Goal 3: Finish series.

I wanted to marathon/finish a series every month. That didn't happen.


Goal 4: Blog more, comment more and make more bookish friends on the Internet.

This one is actually 3 goals lumped together. I only did a little more half of the number of blog posts in 2015 than I did in 2014. BUT I stopped doing many of the memes and focused my energy on writing blog posts that were more thoughtful and had more substance. So, while I didn't blog "more" I blogged better.

Since, I wasn't doing most of the memes I did't comment as much, but I did try to at least comment back to all the wonderful bloggers who took that time to comment on my posts. But, I do really need to be better at commenting.

As for bookish friends, towards the end of the year I started participating in Twitter chats and I met a lot of awesome tweeps who are so passionate about blogging and books. I also participated in 2 buddy reads, which was AWESOME and I finally was able to experience a sort of "book club" discussion that I've always wanted to be a part of.

Goal 5: Buy less books. 

I bought a total of 148 books in 2015 (less than the 195 books I bought in 2014), but that's still a very significant number of books and my wallet is still giving me the cold shoulder. But, I did buy less books so yay?
No, Belle, you need to go home and read the books you already own!

*****

So, overall, I only accomplished about half of my 2015 bookish goals, which is okay but not great. I plan to do better in 2016. I realize I need to set more precise goals that are more specific and measurable.  


How did you do in 2015?

Happy reading,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.