NSFW Book Tag

Hi everyone,
Book tags are fun so I thought I'd do another tag. I went with the NSFW ("not suitable for work") Tag, which was originally created by ChapterStackss and LukeLaneReads.

1. What is the last book you would want your parents to walk in on you reading?
My mom reads romance novels (she loves historical romances and often raids my romance novels) so I don't really care if she sees books I read with racy covers. But my dad is more conservative, and while he knows I read romances, I try not to shove it to his face. So, any book with sexy torsos or "clinch" covers (a half-naked hero embraces heroine) I'd try to hide from my dad.

2. It’s storming outside, and you’re home alone for the night. What book would only make matters worse?
Thrillers, mysteries, and suspense I'm okay reading but I'm a big scaredy cat when it comes to horror books. I avoid horror. I've never read a Stephen King novel... I had to google "horror writers"... Anne Rice and Edgar Allan Poe came up. I've read a couple of Poe's short stories for class and many, many years ago I read Interview with a Vampire but I didn't find them scary. Um... I guess reading a Stephen King novel would make a night alone worst. I can't really answer this question.

3. Have you ever read a book simply because of the controversy surrounding it?
Like a James Frey/A Million Little Pieces kind of controversy? No. But I did read books because they were banned or censored, especially if it's a children's picture book.

4. What is the most cringe-inducing romance or sex scene you have ever read?
A few months ago I tried reading Crosstown Crush by Cara McKenna and it wasn't for me. Not because it was written badly or anything (Cara McKenna is a fantastic writer and tend to push romance genre boundaries with her books), but because cuckolding fantasy romance (aka the "infidelity" kink) is just not my cup of tea.

5. What book has made you question the author's sanity?
None. But I tend to stay away from horror and super creepy psychological thrillers. I have read books where the author writes from the killer's point of view and if they do a good job and I get the heebie jeebies, I often wonder what mindset they were in when they wrote those scenes.

6. Have you ever put down a book and not finished it because the content was too much for you?
Nope. I know what I like and I more often than not "research" a book before buying it or picking it up. If I know I can't handle the content, I won't pick it up. In the past, if put a book down it's because I'm bored or there's too much exhausting melodrama.

7. What fictional character do you have the most NSFW thoughts about?
Currently Bennett Ryan from Beautiful Bastard, Khalid from The Wrath and the Dawn, Peeta Mellark from the Hunger Games series (because I recently watched Mockingjay Part 2 and I'm reminded again how much I love Peeta), and Drew Baylor from The Hook Up.

8. Show us your most NSFW book cover (or drawing/photo inside a book).
My most NSFW book covers are on my e-books but I'm not counting those because they're e-books. Here's some from my physical books collection:

9. Have you ever read something from the erotica/romance genre, and what did you think?
Yes, all the time. The romance genre is one of my favorites. I can't get enough! I also enjoy reading erotica (which, to me, are more sexier, edgier romances), though I tend to stay away from the more kinkier stuff.

10. You stumble across a portkey. What fictional world would you NOT want to be transported into?
Any dystopian or post-apocalyptic world. Those world tend to require a lot physical activities to survive and I am the least physical person there is. I know I won't survive even a day.

What are your answers to some of these questions?

Happy reading,
Michelle

No comments

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.