Review: Tracker's End by Chantal Fernando

Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Gallery Books
Release Date: August 11, 2015
Source of my copy: publisher
Synopsis
The third in a sexy romance series from the bestselling author of Saxon and Toxic Girl about the bad boys of the Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club and the women who fall in love with them.

Tracker is everything I’ve ever wanted.

I see him. I’ve watched time change him.

I’ve been patient, but he still hasn’t noticed me. Not the way I want him to. The more time I spend with the MC, the more I understand.

When you want something, you have to take it. You have to fight for it.

And Tracker is more than worth fighting for…



I've only read two other motorcycle club-themed books before Tracker's End--Kristen Ashley's Own the Wind, which I didn't like, and Joanna Wylde's Silver Bastard, which I really like. I'm giving Tracker's End...
I definitely like Tracker's End. So much so, that even before finishing the novel I was already buying the first two books in the series. Tracker's End is the third book in the series, but it can be read as a standalone. But meeting the other characters, especially the previous characters in the first two books, I already knew I wanted to read their stories. Like in other MC books, the Wind Dragons members are like one big family and I love reading about them all and the way they interact with each other.

Lana was great! She's shy, the good girl to her best friend Anna's more bold personality. She's used to always being in the background. But, Lana was hiding as secret--beneath that shy demeanor and unbeknownst to anyone she's an erotic romance writer.  Unfortunately, she's suffering from writer's block. Hoping to get out of it, she agreed to look after the Wind Dragon's President's adorable daughter, Clover. 

Tracker had been eyeing Lana for a long time, but never made his move because he thought he wasn't right for her. Also, he wasn't 100% single then and had this sort of loose relationship with another woman, Allie. But he's single now and he wants Lana. I liked Tracker for most of the novel. He was a sexy alpha, cocksure and rough around the edges, but he was really gentle with Lana. He also had a sense of humor that I appreciated. But there were times when he was pushy for the sake of protecting her and he kind of got on my nerves. However, when I did my research for this book before deciding to pick it up, many reviewers on Goodreads put GIFs of sexy Chris Hemsworth (who is one hunk of a man) as Tracker. Then, I realized even the cover model might even be Chris Hemsworth (see his hair!)... I don't usually picture specific people in my head for characters in books, but Tracker as Chris Hemsworth all the away!

There was always mutual attraction between Lana and Tracker since the day they met--it was at a simmer for a year (and I bet that simmer was seen in the previous two books). After Tracker decided he wanted to pursue Lana, things came to a boil and their chemistry was scorching. There was a strong attraction and lust between them and they said their "I love yous" midway through the novel but...I don't know, you guys... I guess my biggest issue with this novel was that I wasn't quite convinced it was love yet between them when they said it. Also, I thought he overreacted when he learned about Lana being an author. Then, Tracker did something (while they were broken up, but still) in the end that made me lose some of my affection for him.

One of my favorite things about Tracker's End was the author's writing style. It was very... conversational the way she wrote the novel. Reading Lana's characters was like hearing the story from a friend. The author's style helped me to read through the novel very quickly and it kept my attention. If you like MC romance novels, I highly recommend Tracker's End. It's lighter in tone than the other two MC books I previously read, but I was fine with that. I'm really looking forward to reading the previous two books and upcoming books about the other members.

No comments

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.