Favorite Books We Read This Summer

Hello everyone,
My summer was over a month ago and Leslie's summer is officially over today. She's back in college and today is her first day of classes. This means we can now do our favorite summer reads post--our favorites out of all the books we read this summer.

Leslie read a total of 18 books. These are the books she gave 5 out of 5 stars to.
I am so happy she finally picked up The Winner's Curse and The Winner's Crime and loved it as much as I did. Now, we're both counting down the months and days until the release of The Winner's Kiss. She also loved To All the Boys I've Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You. She basically inhaled read both books within 48 hours. Since then she's been urging me to pick up the books. Everything Everything and First & Then are not out yet, but according to Leslie they are both AMAZING. She'll be part of a fun superlatives-themed blog tour for First & Then in mid-September. And there's been a lot of positive buzz for Everything Everything and Leslie said it's well-deserved--it's one of the cutest, sweetest, feel-good book she's read since Anna and the French Kiss.
I also read 18 books this summer and even though I didn't read as many 5-star books as Leslie, I did read a lot of fantastic books. The five in the picture above were my most favorite reads. I picked up Beautiful Bastard after avoiding it for so long (the title was a turn-off, it was Twilight fan fiction, a couple of my trusted bloggers didn't like it) but it was WOW!! I ended up loving! So much that I picked up the next two companion books Beautiful Stranger and Beautiful Player soon after and loved them as well. Then, I bought all the full novels by Christina Lauren published because their books are phenomenal--a perfect blend of humor, sexiness, romance, and heart. An Ember in the Ashes was also really, really good. I gave it 4 stars because I didn't absolutely loved it (read my review) but it was such an amazing read. I am dying to read the sequel.

Yep, we both have The Wrath and the Dawn as one of our favorites. It might be our favorite book of the year. It's that phenomenal. After we read it (me first and then, because I won't shut up about it, Leslie picked it up), we both had the BIGGEST book hang-over. I dealt with it by listening to the songs Renee Ahdieh listed as ones who inspired her while she was writing the novel over and over and over again for two whole weeks. Then, Leslie and I debated what song belonged in what scene. I still listen to it from time to time just to get back in the world and reminisce about the story. We planned to do a joint The Wrath and the Dawn review but we couldn't because we had no intelligible words worthy. If you haven't read it, just pick it up. You won't be sorry.

What are your favorite reads this summer? Did read and you love The Wrath and the Dawn as much as we did?

Happy reading,
Michelle (& Leslie)

1 comment

  1. You guys read so much! I personally think I was slacking this summer. But I definitely agree with you both about The Wrath and the Dawn. It's in my top five for the year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.