Monday, June 1, 2015

Hello everyone,
I hope you all had a great weekend! I have a really fun Would you rather...? author Q&A with Margaret Fortune today, because tomorrow Nova, one of my most anticipated releases this month, is being released into the world.

*36:00:00*

The clock activates so suddenly in my mind, my head involuntarily jerks a bit to the side. The fog vanishes, dissipated in an instant as though it never was. Memories come slotting into place, their edges sharp enough to leave furrows, and suddenly I know. I know exactly who I am.

My name is Lia Johansen, and I was named for a prisoner of war. She lived in the Tiersten Internment Colony for two years, and when they negotiated the return of the prisoners, I was given her memories and sent back in her place.

And I am a genetically engineered human bomb.


Lia Johansen was created for only one purpose: to slip onto the strategically placed New Sol Space Station and explode. But her mission goes to hell when her clock malfunctions, freezing her countdown with just two minutes to go. With no Plan B, no memories of her past, and no identity besides a name stolen from a dead POW, Lia has no idea what to do next. Her life gets even more complicated when she meets Michael Sorenson, the real Lia’s childhood best friend.

Drawn to Michael and his family against her better judgment, Lia starts learning what it means to live and love, and to be human. It is only when her countdown clock begins sporadically losing time that she realizes even duds can still blow up. If she wants any chance at a future, she must find a way to unlock the secrets of her past and stop her clock. But as Lia digs into her origins, she begins to suspect there’s far more to her mission and to this war, than meets the eye. With the fate of not just a space station but an entire empire hanging in the balance, Lia races to find the truth before her time—literally—runs out.

I am soooo excited for Nova! It sounds unlike anything I've read before. Reading the synopsis, it sounds like a really action-packed, roller coaster kind of read and hints of a romance between two old friends (my favorite kind!).

I asked author Margaret Fortune a series of would you rather...? questions and to briefly explain her answers.

Author Margaret Fortune
Spend a year alone in a deep sea submarine OR Spend a year alone in a space station

Space station! I’d love to spend some time in the stars I so often write about.

Be the last human on Earth OR Be the first human on Mars

Let’s see: Be the last member of dead race, doomed to live my final years alone, or be the bold adventurer who goes down in history for exploring a new and amazing world. Mars, definitely! Um…I do get to come back once I’m done exploring Mars, right? Right…?

Be a famous leader OR Be a famous inventor

Famous leader. I like to think that if ever evil aliens came and conquered the Earth, I’d rise up as a great revolutionary leader, making inspiring speeches and leading my ragtag band of survivors into victory over our alien overlords. But then, who doesn’t fantasize about that?

Watch Star Wars OR Watch 2001: A Space Odyssey

Star Wars! Lightsabers. Jawas. Harrison Ford. Need I go on?

Time travel in the future to learn about future technology OR Time travel in the past to solve a mystery (i.e., Jack the Ripper, Roanoke Colony, etc.)

The future! Let’s face it: Traveling to the future may be my one and only chance to finally get a jetpack…

Go on a spacecraft so cheap that it may be faulty and unreliable OR Go on a spacecraft so advanced that the computer may turn against you

My undergraduate degree is in psychology, not engineering. So I’m going to go with the advanced spacecraft, as I have more faith in my ability to reason with a pissy AI than to fix a broken engine.

*****
A huge thank you to Margaret for answering my questions and also to PenguinRandom House/DAW and Alexis for the opportunity to interview Margaret.

For more info on Nova and to chat with Margaret, stop by her website and chat with her on Twitter.

Don't forget to pick up Nova at your favorite book store or request it at your local public library tomorrow. Look for my review of Nova, which will be posted at a later date because the book is still making its way to Hawaii.

Happy reading,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.