Going on a Trip + Top 5 Favorite Books of the Year (so far)

Hello everyone,
School is finally out, my classroom is in order for the summer, and I was looking forward to a lazy summer of reading and blogging. But by the time you read this, I'll be halfway across the Pacific Ocean. There was an unexpected family emergency and I found myself traveling to the Philippines and staying there for about two weeks. Due to the unexpectedness of this trip, I don't have time to plan, write, and schedule any blog posts while I am gone. Sadly, I'll be internet-less the whole time I'm there so, this will be my last post for a little while.

Anyway, since it's June and we're in the the half-way mark for the year, this is the perfect time to list my top 5 favorite books of the year--so far.

#5
Soulbound (book 6) started my love for the Darkest London series. I was only halfway done with it and I was already hunting for all the books in the series and ordering them on Amazon. I realized I cannot start at book 6. The world Kristen Callihan build is so fascinating and vast. I wanted to start at the beginning and know more about the secondary characters I met in Soulbound and learn more about the world. My review here.





#4
The Storyspinner is my favorite 2015 debut novel. It was such a well-written fantasy that kept me engaged the whole time. It has a large cast of characters, but I was invested in every single one of them and I am dying to know what's going to happen next. Read my review here.






#3
The Winner's Crime drove me crazy and broke my heart, but in a very, very good way. I love Marie Rutkoski's writing style and where she's taking Arin and Kestrel's story. I cannot wait for The Winner's Kiss. I am going to be totally pissed if Arin and Kestrel are not together by the end of Kiss. Read my review here.







#2
Yep, another one by Kristen Callihan. I love, love, love The Hook Up. Drew Baylor is the ultimate book boyfriend. I've never swooned over a NA hero as much as I did for Drew.








#1
I absolutely LOVE The Deal. It's one of my favorite new adult reads of all time. I can even confidently say that it's my #1 favorite NA read of all time. I gushed more about it here (along with The Hook Up).






I highly recommend all of these books. If you haven't checked them out yet, I hope you do. If you've read any of them, did you love any of these as much as I did? Or maybe they didn't quite work out for you? I'd love to know your thoughts.

Happy reading,
Michelle

1 comment

  1. Hi Michelle, I hope your family is well. Don't worry about blogging, we'll all be here when you come back. :p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.