Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 with
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Hello everyone,
I haven't done a Top Ten Tuesday post in forever, but I really like the topic this week. I have a lot of books that immediately come to mind when thinking of books I'll probably never pick up.


1. New Moon (and the rest of the Twilight series) by Stephanie Meyer
I read Twilight (back in 2007 when it was just starting to be popular) and it was like pulling teeth trying to get through it. I'm not a Twilight series hater, it's just not for me.

2. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
I read and loved Divergent, but having to wait a year for Insurgent I lost interest. Then, when Allegiant came out and after I got spoiled about the ending I know for sure I am not going to continue with the series.

3. The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
I read The Immortal Rules and I had a hard time getting through it. At the halfway point I decided maybe it'll be better if I listened to the audiobook. It didn't help. After sloughing through it for about a month and a half, switching between reading it and listening to the audio, I finally finished it and told myself never again.

4. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Leslie read this and liked it well enough. I thought about picking it up too until I found out that it had one of those female protagonists who cannot decide between two guys and went back and forth between them throughout all three books. I just do not have the patience for that.

5. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
I read Hush, Hush and disliked it.


6. My Soul to Take (and the rest of the books in the series) by Rachel Vincent
I actually bought the first four books in this series back when I first started blogging in 2009. Then, I kept putting off reading it and over the years I lost interest. I finally donated the 4 books to the library earlier this year without reading any of them.

7. Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward
I liked Lover Eternal but I loved, loved, LOVED Lover Awakened (Zsadist and Bella are still one of my top OTPs **swoon**). I was so excited for Lover Revealed but it was such a big DISAPPOINTMENT. I was bored with Butch and Marissa and there were too many other side stories and characters that I had no interest in. I wanted the epic romance like in Lover Awakened, damn it! I flipped through Lover Unbound and it was more side stories and characters and not enough romance so I gave up on the series.

8. The Forever of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen
I read The Secret of Ella and Micha and it was all drama, drama, drama, and angst, angst, angst, and I was bored, bored, bored. Ella and Micha also annoyed the crap out of me.

9. Eragon by Christopher Paolini
I was bored with it and cannot even get through the first chapter.

10. The Fellowship of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
My dad was really into the Lord of the Ring films but I thought they were boring. I really wanted to connect with my dad so I thought I'd give the books a try and they were even more boring. Like Eragon, I cannot, for the life of me, get through the first chapter.


Did any of these books make it on your list of books you'll probably never read? Or are there any you think I should give another chance? Let me know!

Happy reading,
Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readMay 5, 2015 at 4:30:00 AM PDT

    Oh too many faves here! LOL! But yeah, the last 4 I do not know and will likely never read either!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a shame about LoTR, but I agree with you about quite a few of these! The Eternity Cure was on my list too, it was such a struggle to make it through the first book!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really liked Nightshade and My Soul to Take. I did read Eragon, but was to bored to continue the series.I'm not reading LOTR either, lol.

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa @ Captivated ReaderMay 5, 2015 at 9:44:00 AM PDT

    Interesting list of books for his week!! Here's my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-will.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't a huge fan of Eragon ... even though some people love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I read Hush, Hush and disliked it."

    LOL. Something about how brief and blunt that is, is just hilarious. <3

    (FWIW, we felt the same way.)

    This could easily have been a "hater" post, but actually it was really interesting to read about why you chose not to continue with some of these, and you were very respectful in stating your reasons!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.