Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Hello everyone,
I am so excited to have author Becky Wallace play Kill, Marry, Kill and Be, Room, Cliff (the female version of Kiss, Marry Kill) with me today!

Becky's debut novel The Storyspinner came out yesterday and it is one of my most anticipated debuts of 2015. Here's the full synopsis.

Drama and danger abound in this fantasy realm where dukes play a game for the throne, magical warriors race to find the missing heir, and romance blossoms where it is least expected.

In a world where dukes plot their way to the throne, a Performer’s life can get tricky. And in Johanna Von Arlo’s case, it can be fatal. Expelled from her troupe after her father’s death, Johanna is forced to work for the handsome Lord Rafael DeSilva. Too bad they don’t get along. But while Johanna’s father’s death was deemed an accident, the Keepers aren’t so sure.

The Keepers, a race of people with magical abilities, are on a quest to find the princess—the same princess who is supposed to be dead and whose throne the dukes are fighting over. But they aren’t the only ones looking for her. And in the wake of their search, murdered girls keep turning up—girls who look exactly like the princess, and exactly like Johanna.

With dukes, Keepers, and a killer all after the princess, Johanna finds herself caught up in political machinations for the throne, threats on her life, and an unexpected romance that could change everything.

I will be posting my review of The Storyspinner next week, but I finally got a copy yesterday and I started reading it. It's one of those books where you read it and right from the first chapter you know you're going to like it. So, expect my review to be on the positive side.

And now...

This game of Kiss, Marry, Kill and Be, Room, Cliff is the Disney and Game of Thrones edition. 

Which of these male characters would you kiss, marry or kill and why:

Disney Princes:

Prince Eric: Marry. Are we being honest here? Because if so, Prince Eric was the (cartoon) man who determined my type. Dark hair, light eyes, broad shoulders, laid back style, and a pretty stand-up guy. That description totally fits my husband.

The Beast: Kill. Change of heart or not, he’s still a kidnapper. Stockholm Syndrome is not for me. Also, in his human form he’s got a serious schnoz.

Prince Philip: Kiss. He’s a good looking guy and puts up a serious fight to get to girl he’d only met once, but he starts off a little grabby. Keep your hands to yourself until invited to do otherwise. Thank you very much.

Game of Thrones Men:

Jon Snow: Marry. He's poor as dirt, but he's rich in goodness. Doesn't everybody love the hero?

Eddard Stark: Kiss. Although Catelyn Stark might find a way to murder me in my sleep for admitting that.

Drogo: Kill. This dude is vilest type of human. I can't even think about him without throwing up a little.

Who would you Want to Be (take over their life), Want to be Roommates With, or Push off a Cliff among these women and why:

Disney Princesses:

Ariel: Push off a cliff. As long as that cliff was over water, she’d be fine anyway. She’s a nice girl and I don’t hate her, but I think she might have rocks for brains. Or seashells. Probably seashells.

Belle: Take over her life. I mean, hello, who doesn’t love a bookish girl? She’s smart and feisty, and she totally sacrifices her own happiness to get her father out of Beast’s tower. That’s a lady I can respect.

Aurora: Roomie. She doesn’t seem terribly bright, but she’s a heavy sleeper and I doubt she snores. Also, if Prince Philip is part of the package he’s pretty good eye candy to have around. Don’t judge. I bet you’d ogle her boyfriend too.

Game of Thrones Women:

Daenerys Targaryen: Roomie. She's fierce and determined, but her life is hard. I bet she'd have some good stories to share, though...and dragons that might eat me.

Margaery Tyrell: Take over her life. Margaery is cunning and a master manipulator, but I think she has a genuinely good heart. She wants to be the queen, and that sounds perfectly fine to me.

Cersei Lannister: Push off a cliff. And killing Cersei off would be a gift to her children, brothers, and anyone who had ever crossed her path. She's a malevolent, cold-hearted witch, who isn't nearly as smart as she pretends to be.

*******

Author Becky Wallace
A huge thank you to Becky Wallace for playing with me. For more info on The Storyspinner, click on the Goodreads link above or visit Becky's website. You can also chat with her on Twitter and Facebook.

Also to the awesome Audrey from Simon & Schuster not only for the opportunity to interview Becky but also for letting me host an awesome giveaway.

Yep, two (2!!) lucky readers will each win a hardcover copy of The Storyspinner! Please enter through the Rafflecopter below. US only and ends on March 22nd.


a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck and happy reading,
Michelle

6 comments:

  1. No, I don't think that tattoos are sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with you about drogo. he was awful but he was also totally sweet and gentle with daenerys. thank you for entering! good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite agree with Becky's choices!! :3
    Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would change around Daenerys and Margaery...yes, I really, really want to be Daenerys. I also think I would kill Eric, because there's something about him that has always bothered me about him. I would kiss Philip and marry the beast! And duddddde, of course I would marry Jon Snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't watch Game of Thrones, but I totally agree with the male Disney kiss, kill, marry. As for the be, room or cliff, I would say Be: Belle, Room: Ariel, and Push: Aurora, because I feel like Ariel would at least be fun to live with whereas Aurora seems as boring as a box of bricks. I cannot wait to read this book, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I don't watch Game of Thrones, so I'm gonna use the Disney ones. And, I have to say, I agree with Becky's for the princes! But I also want that library in Beauty and the Beast, so I might make the exception to marry him. Ha. I would definitely want to take over Belle's life! She's a girl after my own heart. I'd push Aurora off a cliff because I don't have any strong feelings for her whatsoever. And I'd room with Ariel, because I think she'd be a fun person to have around. This was such a cool guest post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.