Monday, March 2, 2015

February Favorites and March TBR

Monday, March 2, 2015 with
Hello everyone,
2015 is just flying, isn't it? I cannot believe it is March already!

Books. I read five books in February, which is pretty good for me because I was only able to read during the weekends last month.

My favorites of the five were The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel and Perfect Kind of Trouble by Chelsea Fine. I picked up The Book of Ivy because a lot of bloggers were raving about it and I just had to see for myself what the fuss was about. Well, now I know why. It is so good! Bishop Lattimer is my new book boyfriend and I am so excited for book 2. I am planning on doing a full review about it so I won't say any more here.

Perfect Kind of Trouble is the second book in Chelsea Fine's Finding Fate series and it's even better then the first book in the series, which is saying a lot because I quite enjoyed Best Kind of Broken (which I reviewed here). I will also be doing a full review of  Perfect Kind of Trouble so I'll save my raving for this book there, but let me just say that loved where the author took the handcuffed-together plot. Kayla and Daren were fantastic characters. I loved both of them so much!

I also want to mention Seed by Lisa HeathfieldSeed didn't give me the warm, romantic fuzzies the way Perfect Kind of Trouble or a swoony book friend like The Book of Ivy. It actually made me angry and disgusted but it was also an excellent read. I already review it here, so for more of my feelings about Seed check it out.

YouTube. In February, I also discovered a YouTuber named Yulin Kuang. She's not a booktuber, but she is a filmmaker and she has this series "I Didn't Write This" where she takes a short excerpt from a novel or a poem and she adapts it to make a visual representation of it. Here are two of my favorites from the series.

"The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T. S. Eliot

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Music. I listed a lot to Alex & Sierra in February. I don't watch the X Factor so I wasn't aware of them until I randomly ran across one of their songs on a YouTube video. I'm a sucker for good folk-pop songs so I was very happy to discover them.



March TBR. I don't usually do TBRs because I'm a mood reader and I usually just pick up whatever book I feel like reading between review books. But I have a week off from work in March (Spring Break! Woot, woot!!) and I really want to get these books read (I especially want to start and finish a series during Spring Break) in addition to the reviews books I need to read.

Let me know what your February favorites are and what you're hoping to read this month. Have a great week everyone! :)

Happy reading,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. LOVED The Book of Ivy! I originally looked over it but I saw so many people raving about it and I decided to give it a try, so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I initially ignored the hype because I'm not a fan of the cover. It looks cheesy to me. But it turned out really good! So excited for book 2 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.