My Thoughts About Bringing Home the Bad Boy + Jessica Lemmon's Top Five Hottest Tattooed Men of Hollywood

 Hello everyone,
I am so excited to be part of the Bringing Home the Bad Boy blog tour. I absolutely loved this romance novel and I am so excited to read the next book in the series.

For this blog tour, author Jessica Lemmon shares with us her Top Five Hottest Tattooed Men of Hollywood. I asked her for this particular list because the hero in Bringing Home the Bad Boy, Evan, is a tattoo artist and has tattoos himself (check out the cover of Bringing Home the Bad Boy--the tattoos you see on the cover model are the actual tattoos Evan has on his arms!).

I'll also be sharing my thoughts about Bringing Home the Bad Boy. But before we get to that, here's the cover and synopsis, just in case you need it.


The Bad Boy Is Back

Evan Downey needs a new beginning. Since the death of his wife five years ago, the brilliant tattoo artist has shut himself away in a prison of grief that not even his work can break him out of-and what's worse, Evan knows his son Lyon is bearing the brunt of his seclusion. Moving back to the lake town of Evergreen Cove where he spent his childhood summers is his last chance for a fresh start.

Charlotte Harris knows she owes it to her best friend's memory to help Evan and his son find their way again, but she can't stop her traitorous heart from skipping a beat every time she looks into Evan's mesmerizing eyes. Charlotte is determined to stay strictly in the Friend Zone-until a mind-blowing night knocks that plan by the wayside. Now, if they're brave enough to let it, Charlotte and Evan might just find a love capable of healing their broken hearts . . .



Question: Top Five Hottest Tattooed Men of Hollywood

Author Jessica Lemmon
Thanks for having me! This list was difficult to write! I love Hollywood guys, and I love guys with tattoos. I narrowed them down as best I could.

5: Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. HELLO.
4: Lenny Kravitz. The piercings aren’t hurting my feelings either.
3: Adam LeVine. You can only see the nude picture of him with a girl’s hands covering his (ahem) what-nots so many times before you develop an Adam crush.
2: David Beckham. The underwear commercials alone. *bites knuckle*
1: Johnny Depp. I’ve loved him since I was fourteen, and seeing this man even now makes my breath catch. I gave an upcoming hero (Donovan Pate in Rescuing the Bad Boy) Johnny’s blackbird tattoo.

Who’s your favorite tattooed Hollywood hottie?

For more info on Jessica Lemmon and her books, visit her website, her Twitter and Facebook page.


Bringing Home the Bad Boy is my second book by Jessica Lemmon. I read The Millionaire Affair (my review) a while back and I liked it, but I LOVE Bringing Home the Bad Boy.

Evan and his young son Lyon moved to Evergreen Cove to escape the memories of his beloved wife, Rae. Charlie had a crush on Evan when she was a teenager but gave him up when she saw that he only had eyes for her best friend Rae. When Rae died, Charlie vowed to take care of Evan and Lyon for her friend.

Evan is one hot, sexy man--with his tatted, muscular arms, his passion for his art and his love for his son, Charlie started to fall for him again. But Charlie's insecurities, self-doubt, and her guilt about "stealing" Evan and Lyon from Rae threaten their new-found relationship. Evan already knew Charlie was a wonderful person and a great friend, but now he also see her as an attractive woman. And once he realized he wanted her, nothing and no one deviated him from his pursuit of her. Can Evan convince Charlie to give them a chance? Can Charlie overcome her issues and find her own HEA? Read Bringing Home the Bad Boy and find out!

I don't always come across a heroine and hero whose characters I love equally, but I found it in Charlie and Evan. Usually, there's some action or personality about a hero and heroine that makes me like one more over the other. Not in Bringing Home the Bad Boy!

Charlie was a sweetheart and a wonderful person. She's the kind of person I see myself being friends with. We do come to learn that she has her issues. I really felt for her! She didn't have an easy life after her mom died and then her best friend died too and she distanced herself from people. Her ex-boyfriend Russell was a dick (I wanted to throat-punch that guy, but he got his just deserts in the end!) and he really did a number of her self-confidence and self-worth. But despite all this, she's still a warm, caring person with so much heart.

As for Evan, well, where can I get myself an Evan? He was a good man. Forget book boyfriend; Evan is book husband material. He loves his son Lyon, but he doesn't coddle him. He deeply loved Rae and was sad and angry that she died too soon, but he also recognized that she wasn't perfect and their marriage wasn't either. He didn't idealize Rae or their relationship--he was actually the one who reminded Charlie of that. He's honest and hard-working, but he also knew how to relax and have fun with his friends. You don't find too many heroes like him in romance, you know? Usually they're workaholics and do not know how to relax and unwind, or they're hung up a past relationship and cannot see what's in front of them. I loved how balanced he was.

I rooted for Charlie to work through her issues and for them to find their HEA. I love their scenes together and all the funny situations they get into like the time Charlie got drunk from Mad Cow Tinis. They were just so gosh darn great together--I didn't want my time with them to end!

I also thought the author did a good job on Lyon's character. Sometimes authors tend to over do it with kid characters and they become too saccharine and cutesy and unbelievable, so I appreciated that Lyon acted like a real kid--like how my second graders would act.

Bringing Home the Bad Boy was just such a fun, wonderful romance to read. The story flowed and I savored my time with Evan, Charlie, Lyon and all their friends, and I almost didn't want the book to end. Believe Lori Foster when she said "everything I love in a romance!" Yep, Bringing Home the Bad Boy has everything I love in a contemporary romance: a small-town setting, a hero I really fell for, a sweet heroine I can see myself being friends with, wonderful secondary characters (whose books I cannot wait to read) with just the right amount of steam.

*******

Rafflecopter giveaway: a Rafflecopter giveaway

Happy reading,
Michelle

2 comments

  1. Ooh will be adding this to my tbr list. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you'll enjoy it as much as i did :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.