Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Book I Covet: The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 with
I haven't read a lot of novels inspired by A Thousand and One Nights so that's definitely a huge draw for me. And it's blurbed by Marie Lu so is one of my favorite authors. This book seems to have win all over it.

A sumptuous and epically told love story inspired by A Thousand and One Nights

Every dawn brings horror to a different family in a land ruled by a killer. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, takes a new bride each night only to have her executed at sunrise. So it is a suspicious surprise when sixteen-year-old Shahrzad volunteers to marry Khalid. But she does so with a clever plan to stay alive and exact revenge on the Caliph for the murder of her best friend and countless other girls. Shazi's wit and will, indeed, get her through to the dawn that no others have seen, but with a catch . . . she’s falling in love with the very boy who killed her dearest friend.

She discovers that the murderous boy-king is not all that he seems and neither are the deaths of so many girls. Shazi is determined to uncover the reason for the murders and to break the cycle once and for all.


The Wrath and the Dawn will be released on May 12, 2015. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.



What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

4 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Started seeing this one around! Sounds intriguing! Love the cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy @ Christy's Book AddicDecember 10, 2014 at 6:36:00 AM PST

    Wow, I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds really interesting, thanks for putting it on my radar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this one last week and read the synopsis now I need to read it too lol! Not a huge fan of the cover but the story sounds amazing~ Great pick :D
    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only found this in a WoW last week, and I totally want! I just hate pink on covers, so it irks me, but that story.... want, want, want!!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.