Blog Tour + Review: Wild by Sophie Jordan



Format: e-ARC
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Pages: 288 pages
Release Date: November 18, 2014
Source of my copy: publisher
Series: The Ivy Chronicles #3
Synopsis
A good girl goes fabulously bad in the final book in New York Times bestselling author Sophie Jordan’s sexy New Adult romance series, in which three Ivy League suite-mates seek higher knowledge of just how far they can go.

Months after her boyfriend dumped her, Georgia can still hear the insults he hurled at her. Boring. Predictable. Tame. Tired of feeling bad, she’s ready to change her image, and go a little wild. What better way to prove her ex wrong than a hot night of sexual adventure at the secret campus kink club?

In the shadowy den of the kink club, she unexpectedly runs into Logan Mulvaney, her friend’s little brother. A player extraordinaire too hot for his own good, he may be younger, but the guy is light years ahead when it comes to sexual experience. Now he’s telling her to go home—“good girls” don’t belong here!

Georgia is tired of having others define her. She’s going to teach Logan a lesson he won’t forget—one white hot, mind-wrecking kiss . . . that leads to another . . . and another . . . and. . . . Realizing she’s way in over her head, Georgia runs.

Only Logan won’t let her go. Everywhere she goes he’s there, making her want every inch of him. Making her forget who she is. Who he is. And just how wrong they are for each other.



Wild was my most anticipated new adult book of 2014. I loved Foreplay (my review), I really, really liked Tease, and I couldn't wait for Wild because Georgia seemed like the character I would relate to the most. I'm giving Wild
Wild** is my second favorite in the series. I didn't love it as much as I did Foreplay but I liked it a lot more than I did Tease. I will get into all that in a little bit. First, I totally called Georgia and Logan getting together!!! Right from the beginning, when I was reading Foreplay, I kept thinking how awesome it would be for prim and proper Southern belle Georgia to dump her lame-ass boyfriend and hook up with Logan (who was a totally player but so redeemable). And I was right!!

Okay, so Wild would've been a five-star read for me if it wasn't for Georgia. She took way too long coming to her own and admitting that Logan was the one for her. She just kept pushing Logan away and ARGH!! As a so-called good girl myself with strict parents with high expectations, I saw a lot of me in Georgia and her inner struggles were my inner struggles too, back when I was an undergrad. Maybe I would've made the same decisions as she did if I was in a similar situation. Maybe. But LOGAN! He deserves all the stars! He's such a lovely guy. We saw him grow up in Foreplay and Tease into a mature man with a good head on his shoulders. I just felt so sorry for him when Georgia would run hot then cold and kept pushing him away.

But once Georgia got her head on straight, I love her and Logan together. The ending was so swoon-y romantic and Wild such a great, satisfying ending to a really excellent new adult series. It was so awesome getting an update on Pepper and Reece (they're one of my all-time favorite NA couple!) and Emerson and Shaw again and then seeing where they're headed in the future. LOVE!

If you prefer NA that is more sexy and contemporary romance-ish type rather than the depressing kind I highly recommend you pick up Sophie Jordan's Ivy Chronicles series. Yes, the heroines and heroes do still have their personal issues that they have to overcome, but it's lighter in tone rather than the depressing Hopeless kind.


**You don't need to read Foreplay and Tease to enjoy Wild.


Here's a little taste of Wild for ya!

Chapter One

“I’m sorry, Georgia, it’s just, just …”

I waited, staring at his handsome face and too white teeth, feeling an overwhelming sense of déjà vu. I chafed my suddenly sweating palms against my jeans and told myself it wasn’t possible.

This was how the conversation started when Harris broke up with me months ago. The only difference in this scenario was that this guy wasn’t Harris. Not even close. Joshua wasn’t my boyfriend. We’d been on four dates. Four. So why was he looking at me with that familiar pitying expression? And speaking in that condescending tone? And using those words?

This couldn’t be happening. Not again.

I shifted on the plush leather seat of his car and played with my pearl necklace, wishing suddenly I was anywhere but here. Since our first date, I knew there weren’t any sparks, but I agreed to a second date and a third because he was the kind of guy I wanted. On paper anyway. A senior at Dartford, he was already accepted into optometry school. He came from a good family. His father was a church deacon. Joshua volunteered at the local food bank. I couldn’t have found a better guy. I convinced myself that chemistry wasn’t everything. Lasting relationships weren’t built on chemistry. Common interests. Like goals. Similar backgrounds. That’s what counted.

My phone rang inside my purse. I quickly peeked inside. Mom. Pushing it to silent and returned to the hot awkwardness of the moment. I’d call her back later. After whatever this was wrapped up. I refused to think of it as a break-up. I wasn’t invested enough.

I wasn’t being dumped again.

Joshua leaned in closer, sliding his arm along the back of my seat. Like he had to get closer to impart whatever he was about to say. A cloud of expensive-smelling cologne engulfed me, stinging my nostrils.

“I’m sorry, Georgia,” he uttered, making a tsking sound with his tongue. “You’ve got marriage written all over your face.”

My cheeks went hot.

He continued, “I’m just not ready for that kind of commitment yet.” I pulled back until the back of my head bumped the cold glass of the passenger window. Suddenly the pasta primavera I’d had for dinner felt like acid in my stomach. I turned my gaze to stare out the windshield at the lawn of dead grass bordering my dorm. The last of the snow had melted a few weeks ago, and the grass hadn’t quite recovered yet.

I took a long, pained blink and focused on his face again. “Okay,” I began, clearing my throat. “Let’s forget the fact that we’re not even officially a ‘thing’, but … are you breaking up with me?”

He nodded sagely. “Yeah. I am.”

“Is this because I haven’t slept with you?” God knew he’d been trying since the first date. After dinner tonight, he’d invited me back to his apartment. I’d declined. Had he known he was “dumping” me then? If I had slept with him would he still be “breaking” up with me? Jerk.

His face flushed, his tanned skin turning ruddy. “You have a high opinion of yourself.”

“No more than you do.” I snorted. “I mean you think I want to marry you after four dates.” I shook my head. “Ego, much?”

“Look. You told me yourself that you were with your last boyfriend since high school and you thought you were going to marry the guy.” He shook his head and gave me that pitying look again. “I’m not up for being his replacement.”

I fumbled for the door handle. “I’m not looking for a replacement.”

“You should lighten up, Georgia.” He gave my shoulder an obnoxious squeeze. I looked back at him. “C’mon. You’re a pretty girl. Stop being so serious and have some fun.”

I flung open the door and swung my legs out onto the curb.

He grabbed my wrist, stalling me. “Don’t you ever just want to get laid? Try it out with a guy you haven’t been with forever?”

Heat swamped my face. Yeah. I’d thought about it. I thought about it a lot since Harris dumped me. Especially since both my roommates were having marathon sex with their hot and fabulous boyfriends. Unfortunately Joshua’s sloppy kisses and pasty palms hadn’t exactly turned me on. I just kept agreeing to go out with him when he asked, telling myself I was being too picky. Too superficial. That sex was overrated. And now I was angry with myself for not trusting my instincts.

Leaning across the console, I toyed with the corner of his crisp collar. His eyes went fuzzy.

“What about it, Georgia?” His voice got all husky. “Want to knock the cobwebs off it?”

Charming.

“Yeah,” I breathed against his lips. “I think about sex… hot sex… a lot. I think about doing it with a guy until my eyes roll back in my head and I forget my name.”

He groaned and tried to close the tiny bit of space between our lips, but I pulled back, releasing his collar. “So I better go find that guy, huh?”

Feeling somewhat mollified by the stunned look on his face, I pushed out of the car and slammed the door. Without looking back, I marched up the sidewalk to my dorm and punched in the numbers on the keypad, muttering to myself the entire time, vowing that I was done. Finished. No more dates. No more falling for guys who looked good on paper. They all said the right things at first but after a few dates – poof. The prince turned into a frog.


About the Author
Sophie Jordan grew up in the Texas hill country where she wove fantasies of dragons, warriors, and princesses. A former high school English teacher, she's also the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Avon historical romances. She now lives in Houston with her family. When she's not writing, she spends her time overloading on caffeine (lattes and Diet cherry Coke preferred), talking plotlines with anyone who will listen (including her kids), and cramming her DVR with true-crime and reality-TV shows. Sophie also writes paranormal romances under the name Sharie Kohler.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.