Sunday, November 9, 2014

A GINORMOUS Book Haul

Sunday, November 9, 2014 with
Hello everyone,
It's almost a month since I did my last book haul and I've acquired a lot of books since them. But first, in case you missed any of our posts in the month, here they are:















Michelle: I'm currently reading Hit by Lorie Ann Grover



Review Books

From the fabulous peeps at Macmillan
Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios <<so much excitement!!!
Save Me by Jenny Elliott

Loop by Karen Akins (from St. Martin's)
Hit by Lorie Ann Grover (from Blink/Booksparks)

No Attachments by Tiffany King (bought--I just gotta buy my own copy)
Contradictions by Tiffany King (ARC for review from Berkley)

Shooting Scars by Karina Halle (ARC for review from Forever)
Flirty Dancing by Jenny McLachlan (ARC for review from Macmillan)
Of Scars and Stardust by Andrea Hannah (for review from Flux)
Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (for review from Tor)
I'll finally see if Mistborn is worth all the hype.

Bought/Gifted/Traded
The complete Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. I didn't actually used money to buy these. After surviving the first quarter parent-teacher conferences, I decided to treat myself and use some of my Scholastic Reading Club teacher points to get these.

Archangel's Shadow by Nalini Singh (bought via Amazon)
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (bought via Bookoutlet)
Touching the Surface by Kimberly Sabatini (bought via Bookoutlet)
Send Me a Sign by Tiffany Schmidt (bought via Bookoutlet)
In the Afterlight by Alexandra Braken  (bought via Amazon)
Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers (won)
Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin (ARC from Macmillan)
I don't know why they sent me another one. But I love, LOVE this book so I'm okay with having multiple copies.
The Taking by Kimberly Derting (traded via YA Book Exchange)

All Broke Down by Cora Carmack
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
Since I got Her Dark Curiosity super cheap on Bookoutlet so I needed to get book 1 for my collection.
Pivot Point by Kasie West
The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
I pre-ordered this one back in 2012 and it finally came almost two years later.


Bookoutlet box #1: These books have been on my wishlist for a long time and I couldn't resist getting them when they were so cheap. These books came out to being $4.38 each (including shipping) so you can't beat that.
3:59 by Gretchen McNeil
Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
Past Perfect by Leila Sales
Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore
How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson
The Kissing Booth by Beth Reekles
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Of Triton by Anna Banks
Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Bookoutlet box #2: A week after I made my order above, I made the mistake of going back to Bookoutlet. They had new books in stock and I couldn't pass on the deals. All of these books (except for one) are hardcovers and the total for this order (including shipping) ended up being under a couple dollars under $40.
Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
I just had to get a finished copy of The Winner's Curse even though I already have a physical ARC. I just have so much love for this book.
The Book of Blood and Shadows by Robin Wasserman
Plus One by Elizabeth Fama
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepherd


I also got the following E-ARCs via Netgalley and Edelweiss.
99 Days by Katie Cotugno
Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke by Anne Blankman
Magonia by Dahvana Headley
Maybe this Christmas by Sarah Morgan
Marry Christmas, Baby by Jill Shalvis


What new books did you guys get? I wanna see! Leave your STS* link so I can come gush over them. And if you guys read any of the books I mentioned above, let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading,
Michelle


*Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews

19 comments:

  1. Such an epic book haul!! :D This Bookoutlet place sounds like Dreamland! LOL I see one of my faves in there--loved Texas Gothic! So excited for Beastkeeper and Save Me! Those two are in my haul this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul! I recently read the entire Of Poseidon trilogy and it was so amazing, so I hope you enjoy Of Triton. 3:59 is such a creepy read-I hope you enjoy all your books! Happy reading!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. Such a great haul of books. A few of these are new to me. BeastKeeper is a book that I hadn't heard of. Heard really good things about Texas Gothic.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow many new books! I hope you'll enjoy them all. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! LOVE this! So many great books, but to be very honest I am most excited for the Retribution! I can't want to start reading it. I hope you enjoy all these lovely books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing assortment of books! Good for you for using your teacher points. These all look very good. Wasn't Rain Reign wonderful? I loved Fangirl too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I reallyl want to read Plus One but I don't have the time or the money at the moment (maybe Christmas will be kind) so I can't wait to see your review.

    I absolutely ADORED Cruel Beauty and Pivot Point took me by surprise! :)

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Cruel Beauty!! It's such a good fairy tale retelling and has the most wonderful characters. I need to checkout Bookoutlet it seems like, so many good books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yep, they have amazing deals. but be careful because your wallet is going to hate you afterwards ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol I'm already $30 short as for now......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa, that is an amazing haul! First, BookOutlet gets me every time! I just ordered some stuff from there last night, it is amazing! I also really want to read Loop and Swoon, and even though I have them, I have yet to read In the Afterlight or I'll Meet You There, both of which I must read!! Hope you enjoy all the amazing books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a HUGE haul! My goodness! I see so many awesome books and a whole bunch I really want to read. Save Me and Loop are at the top of my wish list. Pivot Point is SO good! So many books! I hope you enjoy them all! Thanks for stopping by Michelle's Minions :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. kirstymariejonesstudioreadsNovember 10, 2014 at 8:18:00 AM PST

    HOLY DAMN EVERYTHING. Don't even know where to start, haha. But, I bought that Percy Jackson box set a few months back (how gorgeous is it? I love when the spines all make one picture.) I so freaking wish we had a bookoutet here, been on there and so many good deals, insane. I did check and the do ship here but everything ends up the same price that I would pay from here, so no point. I loved Cruel Beauty, Prisoner of Night and Fog and The Winners Curse, so perfect little pile there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!!!! That is a mega book haul and I am soooo jealous of so many!! The Winner's Curse? Fangirl! Just wow, I don't know what to say. Thanks so much for visiting my post earlier too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ginormous is right! WOW! I'm sure you'll both have a lot of fun with all these new books. Happy reading, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many books! I hope you enjoy them all. I love Book Outlet too and I'm on there everyday lol.

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a great haul. I loved Maybe Someday by CH. Hope you enjoy it too.
    I just finished All Lined Up by CC. I'm looking forward to reading All Broke Down.


    Thanks for stopping by my StS and sorry for the slow reply.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing book outlet deals ! The shipping seems like a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  19. If the amazing cover is anything to go by, this is sure to be a gripping read!



    http://www.themphmethod.com/about/studios/st-johns-wood-studio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.