Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Book I Covet: Last Year's Mistake by Gina Ciocca

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 with
The title. The cover. The synopsis. The tag line is First love. Second chances. Come on! This has my name written all over it.

Before:
Kelsey and David became best friends the summer before freshman year and were inseparable ever after. Until the night a misunderstanding turned Kelsey into the school joke, and everything around her crumbled—including her friendship with David. So when Kelsey's parents decided to move away, she couldn't wait to start over and leave the past behind. Except, David wasn't ready to let her go...

After:
Now it's senior year and Kelsey has a new group of friends, genuine popularity, and a hot boyfriend. Her life is perfect. That is, until David's family moves to town and he shakes up everything. Soon old feelings bubble to the surface and threaten to destroy Kelsey's second chance at happiness. The more time she spends with David, the more she realizes she never truly let him go. And maybe she never wants to.

Told in alternating sections, Last Year's Mistake is a charming and romantic debut about loving, leaving, and letting go.


Last Year's Mistake will be released on June 9, 2015. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.



What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I haven't heard about this book before but it looks like something I would like. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious now. Seems like an interesting story. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like a lot of new contemporary books are coming out. I do like the cover and the blurb sounds really good.


    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm.. I vote for the new life, but in a healthy letting-go kind of way. I can imagine this being pretty interesting to read! Thanks for stepping by and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun read...hope you enjoy it, and thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine:

    “DRIFTWOOD”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh rest choice! Thanks for stopping by my wow earlier! 😍📚😍📚

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay this does sound really cute! But what are the odds that they move to the exact same town?! Seems kind of unrealistic but I won't lie and say I'm not interesting in seeing how this plays out. Great pick!!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. kirstymariejonesstudioreadsOctober 22, 2014 at 9:51:00 AM PDT

    But but WHY JUNE 2015?! >:( Mean date, mean. I need to read this, sounds like it has the potential to be a little angsty, and I'm on an angst run lately, so much angst, so good, haha.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh fantastic! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait to read this one as well! Although, I must say, I liked the old cover better. STILL. I'm so excited to read this one! I hope you enjoy the book when you read it!

    Have a fabulous week :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover! This one sounds good! I'll have to add it to my TBR list. Thank you for stopping by. :)

    Jess @ Jess Time To Read

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't realize any changes were made to the cover! I loved the old one, but I don't mind the changes. Yellow doesn't seem to be a very common color on covers and I love the new font for the title. This book looks so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never heard of this one before, but I really like the idea of it! Also, the cover is very eye-catching :)
    Thanks for stopping by yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.