Saturday, September 13, 2014

Format: ARC
Publisher: Forever
Pages: 384 pages
Release Date: August 26, 2014
Source of my copy: publisher
Series: The Artist Trilogy #1
Synopsis (from Goodreads)
There's a Fine Line Between Sin and Salvation... 
Ellie Watt is a woman on the run. Raised by a pair of thieves who taught her the art of the grift-and pursued by a mobster who fell for her con-she hopes to find refuge at her uncle's farm in quiet Palm Valley, California. Ellie swears she's through with her life of crime. But before she knows it, she's right back in the game when she meets an easy mark who's too good-and too hot-to be true. His name is Camden McQueen. A master tattoo artist and a total inked stud, Camden is nothing like the awkward kid who crushed on Ellie back in high school. Now, as owner of the wildly successful Sins & Needles, he's got tats to kill for, muscles to die for, and money to burn. Ellie can't believe the transformation-and can't resist pulling off one last con. But when Camden catches Ellie red-handed, the tables are turned. The mark becomes the master. And when the ultimate player gets played, you never know who's going to end up on top...


Sins & Needles was one of those books where after the first chapter, I knew I was going to like it. Well, I really liked the author's voice--I wasn't sure yet about Ellie Watts. After just one chapter, I knew I was in for a good story and I was right. I am giving this book

I did not really read any reviews about this book prior to reading it. From the cover and the description, I knew it's going to be a dark read but I thought it was going to be your typical romance novel of Ellie and Camden falling in love throughout the novel and we get a happily ever after in the end. Nope.

There was romance--dark and sexy and dirty--but I gotta warn you now that it ends in a cliffhanger. So many things happened in this book. There was so much action and I didn't know where the heck the story was going to take me and I was glued to my book. I couldn't stop reading!

Now, about Ellie Watts. She's one of most complex characters I've read in romance in a while. She has both physical and emotional scars. Most of the books was told in first person through Ellie, but we also get flashbacks told in third person. I wasn't sure I was going to like Ellie. She was a rough, selfish and self-centered character, but as I kept reading and learned more about her and her history (while couldn't completely like her) I warmed up to her and even cared for her.

She's a grifter and when we first met her, she was running away again. She just screwed over the wrong man (again) and she decided to go back to her hometown for the first time since she was nineteen. She goes to her Uncle Jim, who was reluctant to help her, but let's he her stay for a few nights. By chance she meets someone she knew from high school, Camden McQueen. They don't have a great history and, of course, Ellie couldn't resist pulling a con on Camden after she saw his cash register in his tattoo parlor. And, then, the story took a different turn and... O.M.G!! Read it!!

Of course, I have to mention the hot, sexy, delicious (yep, delicious--I don't use the word lightly) tattooed man, Camden McQueen. Like Ellie, he's also complex. He had his sweet moments, but he could also turn dark and you don't really know what he's going to do or how he was going to react.

If you want an atypical romance, you need to read Sins & Needles. But you're going to want to start reading it when you have a big chunk of time because once you start, it's kind of hard to put down. I enjoyed the characters, all the action, all the twists and turns, and all the steaminess. Sins & Needles is a wild roller-coaster kind of read told in a fantastic way and it was freaking fantastic. And that ending... ARGH!! I need book two now!


**We featured Sins & Needles last week--get a taste of it by reading an excerpt here.**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.