Friday, September 19, 2014

Blind Spot for Boys by Justina Chen Excerpt

Friday, September 19, 2014 with
Labels:
Hi everyone,
Happy Friday! I'm so happy the weekend is coming up because this week was exhausting at work. And to make it worst, it's been so hot lately that I'm pouring sweet at 7:30 in the morning as soon as I get to my classroom. Hawaii has no true fall season but some nice cool breeze would be nice.

But speaking of fall, I am part of BookSparks' Fall Reading Challenge and my first book is Blind Spot for Boys.

And check out my spiffy FRC badge!

For more info about the Fall Reading Challenge, check out their Facebook page and join in on the fun. They have fantastic giveaways too.

I am actually scheduled to review Blind Spot today but unfortunately I only got my copy of Blind Spot on Monday so I didn't have time to finish it. But I am LOVING it so much. It's just the kind of contemporary YA I love to read: light-hearted at times but the story has meat in it, there's strong emotions, has a sweet romance and a main character with a great voice.

Blind Spot for Boys is already out in stores but just in case you didn't come across Blind Spot for Boys yet, here's the description.

Shana has always had a blind spot for boys. Can she trust the one who's right in front of her?

Sixteen-year-old Shana Wilde is officially on a Boy Moratorium. After a devastating breakup, she decides it's time to end the plague of Mr. Wrong, Wrong, and More Wrong.

Enter Quattro, the undeniably cute lacrosse player who slams into Shana one morning in Seattle. Sparks don't just fly; they ignite. And so does Shana's interest. Right as she's about to rethink her ban on boys, she receives crushing news: Her dad is going blind. Quattro is quickly forgotten, and Shana and her parents vow to make the most of the time her father has left to see. So they travel to Machu Picchu, and as they begin their trek, they run into none other than Quattro himself. But even as the trip unites them, Quattro pulls away mysteriously... Love and loss, humor and heartbreak collide in this new novel from acclaimed author Justina Chen.

You know how the description mentioned that one morning Shana and Quattro slammed into one another? Well, here's part of how that scene played out in the novel, in which Shana and Quattro first met.

Or get it from Amazon | B&N | iTunes | Google Play | Powell's


If you read Blind Spot for Boys already, let me know your thoughts about it. Look for my review of Blind Spot for Boys next week.

Happy reading,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.