Weekly Wrap-up + LOTS of New Books

Hello everyone,
I had a four-day weekend this week because of the Hurricane Iselle and Hurricane Julio scare. But neither hurricanes really affected us where we were. I did take advantage of the two days I didn't have work and did a lot of reading. I finished two books and I'm halfway done with my third.

Here are our posts this week.

Author Interview with Maya Banks About Taking It All + GIVEAWAY
Yep, we're giving away a copy of Maya's newest release so enter, enter, ENTER!!

Book I Covet: Caged in Winter by Brighton Walsh
Sexy chef hero, y'all.

Tracey Garvis-Graves' Cherish Cover Reveal
One of my favorite author is releasing a companion/sequel to a novel I wished and hoped would get a sequel. Yay!


Michelle: Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. I'm enjoying this one a lot more than I did Hopeless.

Leslie: I'm still reading North of Beautiful by Justina Chen. Yup, I read at a snail's pace.



After over a month of waiting, the books I shipped to myself from the ALA conference in Las Vegas finally arrived. They came with the boxes were falling apart, I know some of my swag got lost and a couple of my books were damaged but I'm just grateful that the books arrived at all. I seriously thought they'd gotten lost and I'll never see them again.

Here are the books I got from the ALA conference.



I also got a few physical copies for review this week.
Brunette Ambition by Lea Michele (via Blogging for Books)
The Gloomy Ghost by David Lubar (unsolicited)
Wolfsbane by Gillian Philip (unsolicited)

Then, I bought some books.
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
Lux: Consequences by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Lux: Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Since I got a copy of the first bind-up of the Lux series, I just went ahead and got the others to complete my collection. I can't wait to read the series. I heard amazing things about it.
You Don't Have to Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning
After reading Arrangement by Catherine McKenzie, I wanted to read more chick lit novels and You Don't Have to Say You Love Me came highly recommend from my trusted reviewers on Goodreads.

What new books did you guys get? I wanna see! Leave your STS* link so I can come gush over them.

Happy reading,
Michelle


*Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews

5 comments

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readAugust 10, 2014 at 5:14:00 AM PDT

    OOOoh WOW! Very nice haul! Lots of goodies there! Hope you you enjoy all of them!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man you really scored at ALA. One of these days I will go to ALA, just to compare the difference between BEA and ALA. Heard that ALA is calmer. Looks like you will be busy reading.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy @ Christy's Book AddicAugust 10, 2014 at 12:16:00 PM PDT

    AMAZING haul! I wouldn't even know where to begin lol. There are so many there that I would love to get my hands on :) I hope you enjoy everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you finally got your books. I can't wait to read The Young Elites. I hope you enjoy all of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn! Look at all of those books! :D I wish there were more things like this here in the UK. I hope you enjoy all of those books! I have got an Heir of Fire e-arc so we shall have to compare notes when we finiish it!

    Thanks for sharing! :D

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    Ps sorry I have not been around for a while! I have been busy with work! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.