Sunday, August 17, 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up + Book Splurge

Sunday, August 17, 2014 with
Hello everyone,
I went on a big of a book splurge this week, or more like this month.
This is just about a third of it. I'm still waiting for a bunch more to make its way to me. 
Actually, I can't seem to stop buying books now that I have a steady paycheck and I'm not really saving for anything.

I think I need to put myself in a strict book buying ban, like I can only buy a book if I read ten books or something. Not that book buying bans really work with me...

Anywho, here are our posts this week.

Review: The Unfinished Life of Addison Stone by Adele Griffin (Blog Tour)
If you enjoy manic pixie dream girl kind of characters, you're going to enjoy Addison Stone. Also, I wrote a haiku just for Addison.

Book I Covet: Inherit Midnight by Kate Kae Myers
This YA thriller set all over the world and I cannot wait.

Book Review: Ten by Gretchen McNeil
This one kinda fell flat for me.

Nalini Singh's Rock Addiction Cover Reveal
Nalini Singh story about a rock star and a shy librarian. Look out for my review later this coming week.

If you haven't already (or if you wanna earn more entries), our Taking It All (Maya Banks' newest) giveaway is still going on. Enter here.


Michelle: Fast Track by Julie Garwood. This one is pretty good!

LeslieArranged by Catherine McKenzie. My sister recommended this one to me and I'm LOVING it.



Here are the books I bought that arrived at my door this week in more detail.
Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid
I've have had my eyes on these books for a while and I finally have them in my possession!

Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
I bought the e-book of DoB&S a while back but I wanted to get the entire series in a physical format to match my copy of DoS&B. So, with the purchase of these two, I finally have the entire Daughter of Smoke & Bone series. Yay!

I got one book for review this week.
Shifting Shadows by Patricia Briggs
According to the review pitch, this collection of novellas is a perfect entry to the world of Mercy Thompson for newbs like me. 

What new books did you guys get? I wanna see! Leave your STS* link so I can come gush over them.

Happy reading,
Michelle


*Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews

4 comments:

  1. Lots of great books this week! Though I never made it past the first book of DoSaB, I still love to gawk at the gorgeous covers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo for book splurges! :) Nothing better than having a big pile of new books!

    I love Daughter of Smoke and Bone! I have just got the other two in the trilogy. Can't wait to finish it! :)

    I have had TCGICT for a long time now! I am gonna have to pick it up soon!

    Thanks for sharing & enjoy all of your books! :D xx

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the haul and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm half way through Dreams of Gods and Monsters, it's good, but for some reason I can't bring myself to finish it! UGH.

    Great haul but I agree, book ban! Haha, books are so easy to buy, and then you realize that you need a new shelf, then you need more books for said new shelf....vicious cycle.

    Have a good week Michelle!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.