Weekly Updates + New Books

Hello everyone,
After four days of prepping my classroom, teachers' meetings and the first day of school yesterday, I am exhausted! I have 20 second graders this year (which makes such a difference in comparison to the 26 kindergarteners I had last school year) and I am very optimistic that it's going to be a good year.

Now I just have to find a happy medium with working and blogging again...

Anywho, here are our posts this week.

Fun, hilarious and very steamy contemporary.

My quick take on a new adult, a steamy novella and a small-town romance novel.

It's by Heather Demetrios. Of course I'm dying to get my hands on it.



Leslie: I'm reading North of Beautiful by Justina Chen

Michelle: Did you guys know that Nalini Singh is writing contemporary? Well, she is! And I got approved for it on Netgalley (despite my abysmal feedback/approval ratio) so I'm reading it ASAP.



Only two physical books this week.
Bound by Night by Larissa Ione (for review)
Fast Track by Julie Garwood (for review)

Then, we got a bunch of eARCs via Edelweiss and Netgalley. 
Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper
Just Call My Name by Holly Goldberg Sloan
Love, Lucy by April Lindner
Wildlife by Fiona Wood

The Distance Between Lost and Found by Kathryn Holmes
Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand
My Heart & Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas
Geek Girl by Holly Smale
Everything That Makes You by Moriah McStay

Rock Addiction by Nalini Singh
The Unfinished Life of Addison Stone by Adele Griffin


What new books did you guys get? I wanna see! Leave your STS* link so I can come gush over them.

Happy reading,
Michelle


*Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews

9 comments

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readAugust 2, 2014 at 3:51:00 PM PDT

    Oh nice! Seems like everyone got A Wicked Thing! I soooooo cannot wait for that one but the pubs have yet to reply to my request on EW and I requested since Monday! I hate this waiting! No idea what I can do to my profile to prevent these tediously loooooooooong waits.

    Hope you enjoy all your reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely collection of books! I hope you enjoy them all. I hope your new class goes well too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet ARCs! I can't wait to get my hands on Red Queen and A Wicked Thing! Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Larissa Ione. That book was so good. Salt and Storm was an awesome book that had me hooked from start to finish. I got A Red Queen and A Wicked Thing as well. Enjoy your weekend.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read Red Queen so bad! You are super lucky! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for Harper's upload! And I seriously cannot wait to read Salt & Storm. I hope you enjoy it, and all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh I am so jealous of the Harper books!! I want them all so, so badly. Especially Everything That Makes You and The Last Time We Say Goodbye. And Salt & Storm! And The Distance Between Lost and Found! Okay, all your new books sound amazing :) Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn @ From Here to ThereAugust 3, 2014 at 9:31:00 PM PDT

    I've seen some of these Edelweiss books popping up all over this week. Love, Lucy looks interesting. Actually they all do. Especially the Red Queen! That cover!
    You've a great haul! Hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by StS!
    Jenn @ From Here to There

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU GOT RED QUEEN? I want that so badly! Happy reading with your massive haul and thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Amber @ My Bookshelf Is Hungry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.