Saturday, August 23, 2014

Weekly Updates + the Book Splurge Continues

Saturday, August 23, 2014 with
Hello everyone,
The books I bought online in July, earlier this month and one of my pre-orders came this week. Yay! I luurrvveee getting books in the mail. But before I get into the pretty, pretty books here are our posts this week.
Review: Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
I liked Ugly Love but I didn't love it. Find out why.

Book I Covet: I Was Here by Gayle Forman
I'm counting down the days!

Review: Fast Track by Julie Garwood
Really enjoyed this one.


Michelle: I was reading Blackfin Sky by Kat Ellis but I put it down for a little while (not because it's not good; in fact, on the contrary) but I just gotta sneak in Taking It All by Maya Banks and Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins this weekend.

Leslie: I just moved in at the university dorm and I'm starting my classes next week. I am reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell on and off on my phone, but I'm trying to explore the city and campus so I am not really reading anything at the moment.



Fire With Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
I pre-ordered Isla in 2012, you guys! And I finally have it in my hands. Woot!

Impostor by Jill Hathaway
Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
Thornhill by Kathleen Peacock
Eternal by Kristi Cook
Hidden by Sophie Jordan
Until I Die by Amy Plum
Before I Die by Jenny Downham
Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
The total of this order (including shipping) from bookoutlet.com is $28.91. I love the prices on BookOutlet but it takes forever for my orders to come in. I ordered these on July 11th and they didn't come in until August 19th.

Sway by Kat Spears (won)
The 100 by Kass Morgan
The Unfinished Life of Addison Stone by Adele Griffin
So (not) funny! My blog tour review copy arrived 2 weeks after the blog tour. The eARC's format was all messed up and half of the pictures were missing so I'm glad that the physical ARC did arrive because now I can finally see all of Addison's pictures.
Taking It All by Maya Banks
Another one I've been waiting and waiting for. Jeez, when it comes to book mail USPS is really crappy.

What new books did you guys get? I wanna see! Leave your STS* link so I can come gush over them.

Happy reading,
Michelle


*Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews

22 comments:

  1. You have an Amazing Haul!

    I ordered Fire With Fire last month on Amazon

    and never received my copy :(

    I hear really good things about Sophie Jordan and Amy Plum and that Maya Banks book looks so pretty, can't wait to hear your thought on it!

    Happy Reading

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some amazing books in this week. That's an excellent price. Book Outlet has some great deals from what I've seen.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isla looks so cute and adorable! I really need to buy a copy soon. I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. some times its a pain in the ass to read what website owners wrote but this site is real user pleasant! .
    A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I think that you need to write additional on this topic, it may possibly not be a taboo subject but typically individuals aren’t enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers
    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Isla and The Happily Ever After has become quite famous and I can't help but add it to my TBR list! :P I started reading Before I die but it seemed really lame to me so I didn't finish it but maybe I'll pick it up again sometime in future
    :D Thanks for sharing... and stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a good haul! I keep meaning to check out Stephanie Perkins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica @ a GREAT readAugust 24, 2014 at 5:18:00 AM PDT

    Oh wow! Incredible haul!!!! LOVE Kathleen Peacock's series! So can't wait for the final book next year!

    Thanks for visiting my STS!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mallory @ The Local MuseAugust 24, 2014 at 8:11:00 AM PDT

    I need to pick up the Burn for Burn series soon! It sounds like so much fun, and I have liked everything else I have read by Jenny Han so far!
    Totally agree with you about book outlet, great prices by slow shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great haul! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a new follower.
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man so many people have gotten Isla, I really want to get it now. Great haul. Thanks for stopping by my StS.

    Kat @ Readiculous Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac from BookOutlet too :) Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I'm following you ;)

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! I need to pick up Isla soon! I've read Maya Bank's HR but not her contemporaries, how is that one?

    And Book Outlet sure has some awesome books. I want to check out Sway, too! Hope you enjoy all your books!

    Here's my SP and STS (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. aaah there is nothing better than pre-ordering a book and getting there in your hands. Especially when you ordered it in 2012? Jeebus I forgot it has been so long! :')

    I hope you enjoy all of your books from this week! :D

    My Showcase Sunday

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you for following! i'm now following you via bloglovin. i really like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you diane! i'm following you now too via bloglovin. it looks like we share the same love for romance novels :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh no! i hope you complained because that's not cool :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great haul! I've been on the fence about Sway and the Hundred, so I look forward to your reviews!

    Thanks for stopping by my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo ooo ooo! So many awesome books! I love the Hemlock series - I was fortunate enough to get an ARC of Willowgrove from the publisher, and I'm really excited to read the conclusion (finally)! I've been seeing a lot of Stephanie Perkins - I don't usually enjoy contemporary, but I might read her books :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a pretty impressive collection of books there! I really want to read The Unfinished Life of Addison Stone. It looks really interesting. Thanks for stopping by!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  20. The 100 is on my TBR list but I haven't read it yet. I've also heard really good things about Maya Banks' books. I hope you enjoy them and thanks for stopping by Bitches n Prose!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some great titles here! I'm looking forward to reading the Gabrielle Zevin because I loved The Storied Life of AJ Fikry so much! I'm also trying to get around to The 100 because I feel like I should read it before watching the show. Before I Die has been on my shelf for aaaaages, but I got a bit ODed on sad stories about sick kids. I've heard great things though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.