Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Book I Covet: Inherit Midnight by Kate Kae Myers

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 with
I love action-packed reads and Inherit Midnight promises to be one. And I love that it's set all over the world.

The Competition:
Outlandishly wealthy Grandmother VanDemere has decided to leave her vast fortune to the family member who proves him or herself worthiest—by solving puzzles and riddles on a whirlwind race around the globe, from the mines of Venezuela to the castles of Scotland. There will be eight competitors, three continents . . . and a prize worth millions.

The Players:
Seventeen-year-old Avery is the black sheep of the VanDemere clan, the ostracized illegitimate daughter. Finally, she has a chance to prove herself... and to discover the truth about her long-lost mother.

Marshall might be Avery’s uncle, but there’s no love lost between the two of them. He’s her main competition, and he’ll do anything to win—including betray his own children.

Riley is the handsome son of Grandmother VanDemere’s lawyer. As the game progresses, Avery falls hard for Riley. Suddenly, losing the game might mean losing him, too.

As the competition takes treacherous turns, it becomes clear there can only be one victor. Who can Avery truly trust? And is winning worth her life?


Inherit Midnight will be released on February 10, 2015. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.



What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

14 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! But the release date is ages away, how will I be able to stand the wait?

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds pretty cool. It's so far away though!! I wonder why Riley is competing when he's not a family member? Are people really that friendly with their lawyers haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica @ a GREAT readAugust 13, 2014 at 3:13:00 AM PDT

    OOh nice! This is new to me! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun book. Reminds me of The 39 Clues but for an older audience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kirstymariejonesstudioreadsAugust 13, 2014 at 6:02:00 AM PDT

    2015 WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?! :(

    Here's mine


    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I've never heard of this one, but I see why you covet it :D I hope you enjoy it when you read it!!

    Have a fabulous Wednesday!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't come across this one before- looks good and cinematic! The cover screams action-packed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this one before great unique pick =) I like the cover! I hope this book is everything you are hoping =)

    Here's my WoW & I have a giveaway going on http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. One Guy's Guide To Good ReadsAugust 13, 2014 at 12:02:00 PM PDT

    This sounds like an interesting read, I'll have to add it to my TBR! My WoW: http://oneguysguidetogoodreads.blogspot.com/2014/08/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! I love the sound of Inherit Midnight, I haven't come across it before. Just added to my TBR, thanks for sharing. Hope you love it when it's released!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Definitely excited for this one! It's like an epic amazing race! Great pick, thank for sharing!

    Here's my WOW if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, this one is totally new to me, but HOT DAM it sounds amazing!! I'm immediately adding it to my TBR reading pile!! Thanks fro the heads up!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Contemporaries aren't usually my thing, but this sounds really fun. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of this one but I really like this cover. The story itself sounds really interesting too. I hope you'll enjoy it. Thanks for sharing and stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.