Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Book I Covet: I Was Here by Gayle Forman

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 with
It's by Gayle Forman. 'Nuff said.

Cody and Meg were inseparable.
Two peas in a pod.
Until . . . they weren’t anymore.

When her best friend Meg drinks a bottle of industrial-strength cleaner alone in a motel room, Cody is understandably shocked and devastated. She and Meg shared everything—so how was there no warning? But when Cody travels to Meg’s college town to pack up the belongings left behind, she discovers that there’s a lot that Meg never told her. About her old roommates, the sort of people Cody never would have met in her dead-end small town in Washington. About Ben McAllister, the boy with a guitar and a sneer, who broke Meg’s heart. And about an encrypted computer file that Cody can’t open—until she does, and suddenly everything Cody thought she knew about her best friend’s death gets thrown into question.

I Was Here is Gayle Forman at her finest, a taut, emotional, and ultimately redemptive story about redefining the meaning of family and finding a way to move forward even in the face of unspeakable loss.


I Was Here will be released on January 27, 2015. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.



What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

6 comments:

  1. Seen books by this author on lots of blogs. Not read as yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it could be good and hopefully not too depressing. I still need to read If I Stay especially now that the movie is out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty @Bookish WanderloveAugust 20, 2014 at 6:48:00 AM PDT

    This is another book on my TBR! I have to say though the cover bothers me! I hate the gap between her name, I think it was a poor choice of where to put "New York Times bestselling author...". Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this! Darn you EW for turning down my review request.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, this sounds really good! We didn't care for the JUST ONE DAY/YEAR series, but we loved IF I STAY, and this sounds more like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm, good point. Why not just put it right UNDER her name??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.