Saturday, July 12, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up + Super Awesome New Books

Saturday, July 12, 2014 with
Hello bookish friends,
If you follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, you might know that I went to the ALA Conference in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago. I got quite a bit of books while there but I shipped them all in the mail. I was going to wait until I receive all the boxes and do one massive book haul but it's taking waaay too long. I've acquired other awesome books so, yeah, I'll just post about these and do a separate post all about my ALA experience later on when all my books arrive.

After ALA, I've got my blogging mojo back so there were a lot of reviews and feature posts in the last two weeks. In case you missed any of them...

The Fifth Avenue series starts and we find out why three sexy men want revenge against a well-known women's advocate. 

Currently reading this one!

My favorite in the series.

Very fun read this one is.

Chelsea, my favorite character in the series, is in this one. She's one of the best, most damaged yet still so strong heroines I've read in romance in a while.

Larissa and Jack's story!

Giving star ratings drive me nuts.

Two words, you guys: mysterious circus.

This one has a lot of my "buzz" words: ex-SEAL, Black Ops, a second-chance romance, being on the run...

Fantastic NA read! Give it a go if you like lighter-toned NA.

Lorelie Brown's Riding the Wave Review + Author Interview
Beach, sand, a hot pro-surfer & a steamy romance... all of these can be found in this book.



Michelle: Nowhere But Here by Renée Carlino

Leslie: Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James. Recommended by Michelle :)



Dad Is Fat by Jim Gaffigan (from Blogging For Books for review)
Due to a shipping error I ended up with an extra copy of Dad Is Fat
Island of a Thousand Mirrors by Nayomi Munaweera (won)

These three romances are all for review and actually showed up before I left for Vegas. I already reviewed all three of them. Find the links to my review above.
Riding the Wave by Lorelie Brown
Until We Touch by Susan Mallery 
The Millionaire Affair by Jessica Lemmon


The next ten titles are eARCs from Netgalley or Edelweiss. Especially excited for the Shalvis and Higgins titles!!
Blurred (Connections #3.5) by Kim Karr
Frayed (Connections #4) by Kim Karr
Shatter (True Believers #4) by Erin McCarthy
Pieces of Olivia by Melissa West

It's In His Kiss (Lucky Harbor #10) by Jill Shalvis
He's So Fine (Lucky Harbor #11) by Jill Shalvis
In Your Dreams (Blue Heron #4) by Kristan Higgins
Jilted by Rachael Johns

Boomerang by Noelle August
I already read and reviewed this one.
Personal Target by Kay Thomas

What new books did you guys get? I wanna see! Leave your STS* link so I can come gush over them.

Happy reading,
Michelle


*Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews

16 comments:

  1. Just glad you've got your reading spirits back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica @ a GREAT readJuly 12, 2014 at 5:12:00 AM PDT

    Glad you got your blogging groove back too! Seems quite a few people are hitting a funk lately!

    Ooh nice haul too! Those are all new to me but I hope you enjoy each and every one of them!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best friend was at ALA too! She picked some ARCs up for me; I REALLY wish I could have gone myself. I'll be excited to see what you picked up there! Nice haul this week though :)

    Jessica @ Ramblings
    on Readings

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh oh! I really want to read nowhere but here! saw the cover reveal and read the synopsis before and WOW! hope you're enjoying it!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, Boomerang, I'm excited about that one! I love Veronica Rossi. The Millionaire Affair looks good too! I hope you enjoy all of your new books :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous weekend!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pieces of Olivia was a great book! I reviewed it a few weeks back. Hope you enjoy all your books :)


    Thanks for stopping by!


    Amber @ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul, enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul!. Most of these books are new to me. Hope you enjoy reading them all.


    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome haul! And jealous of you going to ALA! I am going to try to go in 2016 when it is in Orlando. Thanks for visiting my post earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul! I've heard great things about Boomerang :) I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was so great to finally meet you at ALA! Hopefully we can keep in better contact and talk about books more since we seem to gravitate towards the same titles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you did well on Netgalley! Woot! I'm pretending to stay off netgalley for a while, just because my TBR is a little ridiculous. x) Happy reading!

    Thanks for stopping by @ Notebook Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's nice you had a lot of books this week, I hope you'll like them all. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got a ton of books. I'm actually trying to be good and not request on NG this month. I need to catch up. Plus all my BEA books too....I hope you had fun at ALA.


    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you had fun at ALA. I skipped it this year:-( You got some cool books. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my StS. To answer your question regarding Sinner. They're saying it's a standalone. These two characters weren't main characters in the trilogy. They were important to the story and very interesting though. I'd say, go for it.


    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish we have something like ALA here, too. I bet it was tons of fun getting all those books! I wonder how that shipping error happened! It would be awesome to give it away, though. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.