Weekly Wrap-up + New Books

Hello everyone,
I didn't post nearly as much this week as last week because I was in the midst of the BookTubeAThon reading marathon. It's going well--I'm on my fifth book with two more days left! May be able to sneak in another book before it officially ends. However, Leslie came back to the blogging world (after a 4-month hiatus) with a review. Yay!

I vlogged! I shared what books I'm planning to read for the BookTubeAThon.

Review: Strange Sweet Song by Adi Rule
An underrated debut. More people need to read this book.

Book I Covet: First There Was Forever by Juliana Romano
The description said this debut novel is perfect for Huntley Fitzpatrick fans.

Loved one, liked one and one was meh.


Leslie: Haze (The Rephaim #2) by Paula Weston

Michelle: Dad Is Fat by Jim Gaffigan



I didn't think we were going to get any books this week but my Amazon orders surprisingly got delivered sooner than I thought. And we got a review copy of a book we've both been highly anticipating.

Blackfin Sky by Kat Ellis (ARC for review)
This is the one where the whole town mourned for the main character's death but she reappeared months later like nothing happened and she's strangely drawn to the mysterious circus in the woods.
Haven by Kristi Cook (bought)
Mirage by Kristi Cook (bought)
I quite enjoyed Kristi Cook's Magnolia (my review) so I thought I'd check out her other books.
Arranged by Catherine McKenzie (bought)
I was craving a straight-up chick lit and this one sounds really good and has high ratings.

And here are the covers of the books.


What new books did you guys get? I wanna see! Leave your STS* link so I can come gush over them.

Happy reading,
Michelle


*Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews

11 comments

  1. Rent Books For Cheap, Select Your Book or CD book from wide variety of choices and categories, You can choose between Audio Books, Text Books, Today I provide you with 50% Discount when you Rent your Books Online --


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Fe8eTMaM4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica @ a GREAT readJuly 19, 2014 at 11:59:00 AM PDT

    Nice! Read Haven such a long time ago. Wasn't really for me, but hope that you enjoy it and the rest of your reads! Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! These are all new to me. Hope you enjoy reading them all.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul! I'd love to read Kristi Cook's novels :)

    Happy Sunday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely haul, I like the covers on Haven and Mirage :)

    My new pretties :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie Sandra BrownJuly 20, 2014 at 9:56:00 AM PDT

    I LOVE the covers on Kristi Cook's books!
    Nice Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you Booktube-a-thon is going well! 5 books with 2 days to go is amazing, well done! :)


    Also, yay for Leslie coming back :3


    I really like the look of Kristi Cook's books! I have seen Haven before. I remember really wanting to read it and then it just slipped off my radar!


    Thanks for sharing my dear! I hope you have a great week! :) xxx


    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to check out Haze because I thought the first book was pretty interesting ;) Great haul! And thanks for stopping by My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got some incredibly interesting looking books. I hope that you enjoy them all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some new ones to me. Thanks! And thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.