Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hello everyone,
Today I'll be speed reviewing a new adult title, a steamy novella and a small-town romance.




Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Pages: 320 pages
Release Date: May 27, 2014
Source of my copy: eARC via publisher
Summary (for full synopsis visit Goodreads)
What happens when a girl who always calls the shots meets a guy who's too wild for even her? A born flirt and good-time party girl, Emerson has never had a problem finding a willing guy. She's always chosen her hookups carefully, and she's never broken her three cardinal rules: Never let them see the real you. Never fall in love. Always leave them begging for more. Then Shaw comes along...
Michelle's Thoughts:
I didn't love Tease as much as I did Foreplay (the first book in the series--but you don't need to read it before picking up Tease) but it's still a very satisfying read. I loved Emerson. And Shaw is awesome too. And he's very sweet. I liked how he pursued Emerson. He didn't give up no matter how much she pushed him away. I liked how he took care of her, though he can be a tad too bossy for my taste.

I still recommend Tease, especially if you favor lighter type of NA that does not leave you emotionally exhausted by the end of the novel.

I'm so excited for Wild, book 3 in the series, which is going to be Georgia and Logan's book.



Publisher: Entangled Brazen
Pages: 184 pages
Release Date: May 13, 2013
Source of my copy: bought e-book
Summary (for full synopsis visit Goodreads)
Homicide cop Troy Bennett had a reputation with the Chicago PD for being fearless and in control—until the night his daredevil partner is killed during a raid. From that moment on, he swears he’ll never again be responsible for the loss of a loved one. To escape his demons, Troy transfers to the NYPD, bringing him up close and personal with Ruby Elliott, a beautiful, street-savvy pool hustler.
Michelle's Thoughts:
Fantastic novella! Tessa Bailey is one my go-to contemporary romance authors for super steamy smexy times, strong heroines and dirty talkin' alpha heroes. Catch her books when they're just released and only 99 cents but I'm willing to pay more because her books are so, so good!

Take this quote for example from His Risk to Take:

I’m not capable of turning you down,” he said on a pained laugh, gaze devouring her breasts. “I’m going to take you to my bed and pleasure the fuck out of you. But the panties stay on. It’s nonnegotiable.”

Her entire system rebelled against his words. How could he touch her, kiss her like this, and refuse to take it all the way? It didn't make sense. Men didn't have that kind of willpower, did they? She certainly didn’t have that kind of willpower. “W-what? Is it too late to give a different answer about why I changed my mind?”

“Yes. But don’t worry, baby.” Before she could register his intention, he’d swung her up into his arms.

“Even with your panties on, it’ll still be the best sex of your life.




Publisher: Avon
Pages: 384 pages
Release Date: January 28, 2014
Source of my copy: publisher
Summary (for full synopsis visit Goodreads)
Ever since a heated late-night kiss - that absolutely should not have happened - cowboy Josh Thalberg makes former Hollywood bad girl Whitney Winslow's pulse beat faster. But when she decides to use his gorgeous leatherwork in her new upscale lingerie shop, Leather & Lace, she's determined to keep their relationship strictly professional . . . even if she wants so much more.
Michelle's Thoughts:
I like small town romances and The Cowboy of Valentine Valley one was a cute read. However, this one was more like a slice of life kind of read. It started really slow and for most of the first half, there was no real plot just the characters living their life.

Josh and Whitney were very likable characters and their romance was a slow burn. Josh was a sweet guy but he was little too perfect for my taste. Whitney's character stuck out more because she had a lot more going on in terms of providing some needed drama to the story.

The plot does eventually pick up in the second half as complications arise for Josh and Whitney. It took me a bit to connect with Josh and Whitney. There were some really sweet moments between them as each learned an important life lesson from the other.

I wasn't as captivated by this small town romance novel as I was with other small town romances I've been reading (i.e., Shalvis' Lucky Harbor, Mallery's Fool's Gold, Higgins' Blue Heron) and I wasn't compelled to seek out other books in the series. But, ultimately, The Cowboy of Valentine Valley was a fun weekend read.

Happy reading,
Michelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.