Book I Covet: Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman

I love, love, LOVE, LOVE (so much love!) Seraphina. I needed Shadow Scale yesterday! You better believe I already pre-ordered it.

Seraphina took the literary world by storm with 8 starred reviews and numerous “Best of” lists. At last, her eagerly awaited sequel has arrived—and with it comes an epic battle between humans and dragons.

The kingdom of Goredd: a world where humans and dragons share life with an uneasy balance, and those few who are both human and dragon must hide the truth. Seraphina is one of these, part girl, part dragon, who is reluctantly drawn into the politics of her world. When war breaks out between the dragons and humans, she must travel the lands to find those like herself—for she has an inexplicable connection to all of them, and together they will be able to fight the dragons in powerful, magical ways.

As Seraphina gathers this motley crew, she is pursued by humans who want to stop her. But the most terrifying is another half dragon, who can creep into people’s minds and take them over. Until now, Seraphina has kept her mind safe from intruders, but that also means she’s held back her own gift. It is time to make a choice: Cling to the safety of her old life, or embrace a powerful new destiny?


Shadow Scale will be released on March 10, 2015. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.



What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

16 comments

  1. I am SO glad to see that they stayed with this incredible illustration style for their covers! So gorgeous! I'll have to read this series soon. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this makes me want to go out and pick up a copy of Seraphina! Thanks for stopping by!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't such a huge fan of Seraphina but I'm still intrigued by this story. I really hope you'll enjoy it. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Seraphina yet, but I've wanted to read it for ages...this is making me want to read it more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Seraphina and I adore dragons so this is on my must read list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Dragons and have heard how amazing Seraphina is! I can't believe I haven''t read this yet - I need to read this book and catch up! Another gorgeous cover too. Great pick, sign me up! *running to Goodreads tbr now*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, awesome! I really liked Seraphina, and the cover for the second book looks beautiful! Great pick!!! My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is beautiful! I really need to read Seraphina soon.

    Here's my WoW pick for this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this series, but hey it has dragons :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. YESSSSSSSS!!!!! I feel like I read book one many, many years ago! Probably because that's true ;D I cannot wait to read this one!! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!!

    Have a fabulous week!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is new to me, but it has an awesome cover!! I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by my WoW @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa @ Bookshelf FantasiesJuly 24, 2014 at 7:59:00 AM PDT

    I still haven't read Seraphina... my bad! I have a copy and everything -- must get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think this is my kind of read. I hope you like it!

    Thanks for droppin by my WoW!

    Michelle, The Escapist

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Seraphina and I am really excited about this one though I have heard it is the final book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard wonderful things about Seraphina. It's already on my TBR list and once I refill my book funds (LOL) I'm buying that one soon. I can't believe it took so long for the sequel to be released. How many books do you think there will be for this series?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've seen some mention of a Seraphina sequel, but this is my first time seeing the cover. It looks pretty cool! I haven't read the first book yet, but I'm interested in it because, well, DRAGONS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.