Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Book I Covet: Blackfin Sky by Kat Ellis

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 with
I just love the premise of Blackfin Sky. It sounds so dark and creepy and a mysterious CIRCUS!! Really, a mysterious circus is all I need in my reads.

Just like any other morning, Skylar Rousseau is late for school, but when she is greeted by a blanket of silent stares upon entering Blackfin High, she discovers that the whole town thought she fell from the pier and drowned on her sixteenth birthday three months earlier. However, Sky remembers the last three months living her life as normal, and since she is a full, living breathing human being, she has no idea whose body is buried underneath her tombstone. Everyone seems reluctant to help except her steadfast friend and crush, Sean... and a secretive man who draws her to a mysterious circus in the woods.

Sky must wade through impossibilities and lies to discover the truth about what happened to her, which proves to be a bit difficult when someone is following her every move with the intent to harm her. And Sky’s only hope of finding the answers she seeks may have already been turned to ashes.


Blackfin Sky will be released on September 2, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.



What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

15 comments:

  1. Ooh I remember seeing this a few weeks back. It's really intriguing and I'd like to know how the story unravels. Great pick :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis @ Lexi SwoonsJuly 9, 2014 at 5:06:00 AM PDT

    This sounds really interesting! Great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  3. kirstymariejonesstudioreadsJuly 9, 2014 at 6:34:00 AM PDT

    Ohhh, haven't heard of this one but sounds good! Really love that cover too. :)

    Here's mine


    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is new to me. I hadn't heard of it before. I always like seeing what people pick for their WOW's. I discover new books this way.


    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for this one! It sounds so good! Suspenseful and thrilling with a tad of romance, the perfect mixture:)

    Great pick!

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blackfin Sky is new to me. Thanks for highlighting because it sounds great - really mysterious. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this one sounds super interesting! I love the cover and the premise, and I'll probably be picking it up, too!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow. I've never heard of this one! It sounds great :D

    Here's my WoW pick for this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so interesting, after reading the blurb I know I must read this. I have to know what happened. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That synopsis sounds so intriguing! And mysterious. I'm adding this one to the TBR list. Great pick! :)

    Thanks for stopping by My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of this book! Wait - actually, I have, I think I was offered an ARC, but I turned it down. I hope you enjoy the book when you read it!! :)

    Have a fabulous week!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the synopsis of this one. I sense a psychological murder mystery thriller here! Thanks for sharing it!

    Von, Mr. Book Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book is totally new to me, but does look FANTASTIC!! Besides, that's a truly GORGEOUS cover! So I'm adding it my Goodreads TBR. Thanks for the heads-up, and thanks as well for commenting on my WOW!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow... havn't seen this one before, but I am intrigued! thanks for sharing!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal
    Palace

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh I like the sound of this one ^_^

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.