Sunday, June 22, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up + New Books

Sunday, June 22, 2014 with
Hello bookish friends,
I didn't get a lot of books this week but the ones I did get I'm so excited for. But first here are my posts for this week.

I kind of got rant-y with this one.

My cutest post yet.

I don't do a lot of cover reveals on this here blog but I made an exception for Wild. Sooo excited for this one!



Michelle: I started reading Avenge Me by Maisey Yates, the first book in the Fifth Avenue series. I'm going to be reading the next two books in the series as well and will be reviewing the books in the next couple of weeks for the blog tour.

Leslie: I finally picked up and am reading Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins because Isla and the Happily Ever After is coming out soon. And I'm in love with Cricket Bell.



I got something kind of different this week: an awesome "Summer in the City Essentials" kit as part of the Fifth Avenue series blog tour. I got a bunch of awesome beauty product samples, 3 full-sized makeup from Nyx and a finished copy of Avenge Me (which I'll be giving away later this week since I already have an ARC copy of it).

I also got an ARC copy of Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini, which came in an awesome box. I love it when an ARC come in a special box.

I also got three e-ARCs/e-books this week:
Nowhere But Here by Renee Carlino (for review)
I'm so excited to pick this one up. I heard great things about Carlino's NA novels.
Virgin: A Novel by Radhika Sanghani (a Netgalley Read Now title)
This one promises to be a hilarious read. It's about a girl who's on a mission to lose her virginity.
Cowboy Take Me Away by Lorelei James (bought)
Lorelei James is an auto-buy author for me so of course I picked this one up even though I'm a few books behind in the series. Also, it's the 16th and last book in the Rough Riders series.


What new books did you guys get? I wanna see! Leave your STS* link so I can come gush over them.

Happy reading,
Michelle


*Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews

9 comments:

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readJune 22, 2014 at 5:17:00 AM PDT

    Oh wow! The Trial by Fire ARC package is amazing!! I was told the pubs were going to send me one, but that was a long time ago! Ended up getting it from Netgalley. But I miss getting pretty packages like that! I don't seem to be on the pubs radar for the physical ARCs anymore!

    Hope you enjoy your shiny new reads! Trial by Fire was pretty awesome too! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a great assortment of books and stuff last week. I hope you enjoy them all. I just read Lola and the Boy Next Door and fell in love with Cricket Bell too. Come see what I got at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its always nice to get a really pretty package in the mail. Awesome haul of books.


    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. we don't get that many physical ARCs these days either. not like it was a couple of years ago. so it's always awesome when a pretty one comes our way :)


    i hope we both end up liking trial by fire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books for you this week! I am super curious about virgin. i will have to stop by for your review.I hope you enjoy them!

    My STS: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2014/06/stacking-shelves_21.html

    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Lola and the Boy Next Door. I'm happy to hear you are enjoying it so far. I also have a copy of Trial By Fire, which I'm anxious to read. Great Haul this week. I hope you enjoy all of your new books and the makeup is an awesome bonus.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got Trial by Fire in the box too and I am also ridiculously excited about the box....
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a copy of trial by fire that I'm really excited to read :) I hope we both enjoy it. Thanks for stopping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey you guys!

    Michelle: I'm super excited about Wild too. We don't do a lot of cover reveals either so when you do see them on Book Binge, we're really excited about those books. I'm over the moon that Georgia's love interest in Logan. Just over the moon. I heart me some Logan and can't wait to see more of him in Wild. I wish I could get my hands on a copy already. This being patient business is not for me. :)

    Leslie: Ooh, I really enjoyed that book and Cricket Bell. He's made of awesome! But I'm already salivating for Isla and Josh's story. My pre-ordered copy needs to get here already. Did you read the sneak peek on Netgalley? It was good. So good.

    Happy reading ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.