Saturday, June 14, 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up + New Books

Saturday, June 14, 2014 with
Hello everyone,
I haven't posted one of these type of posts for three weeks. I admit Leslie and I are in a blogging funk. And it's summer vacation so we're being a bit lazy too.

Anywho, here are our posts in the last few weeks.

Author Interview with Roxanne St. Claire + Barefoot Bay Brides Series

Blog Tour: Adrianne Lee's Delectable Excerpt

Review: The Lost by Sarah Beth Durst + Author Interview
Sarah's first adult novel but it can be read by older YA readers. I recommend this title if you like unusual reads.

Musical Inspiration for My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal + Review
I really enjoyed My Last Kiss. It's very twisty and it had me questioning who the killer was 'til the very end.

Book I Covet: Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes

Review: Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan
This was such a fun book! I laughed my way reading it.

Blog Tour: #Scandal by Sarah Ockler + Musical Playlist
#Scandal is another fun read but it also discussed the timely and relevant issue of cyber bullying.

Book I Covet: Winterkill by Kate A. Boorman


Michelle: I just finished Huntley Fitzpatrick's What I Thought Was True (very, very good!) and I'm about to start Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh. Eeeeppp!!!

Leslie: I'm still reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I just can't get into it like I did with Eleanor & Park. I'm also reading City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare and I'm about 500 pages in. This is a monster of a book but I'm loving it.



These are all (or mostly? We rearranged our bookshelves and a couple of our new additions may have been mixed with our other books) the books we got since our last "new books" post a few weeks ago.

Physical books
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (bought)
Haze by Paula Weston (for review)
Leslie reviewed the first book in the series, Shadows, here. She loves this series.
Pawn by Aimee Carter (from Harlequin Teen Panel)

The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien (ARC for review)
Soooooooo excited for this one! Heard great things about it.
Spirit's Key by Edith Cohn (ARC for review)
Our little sister Aubrey is currently reading Spirit's Key and LOVING it.

Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh (bought)
I splurged and got the hardcover edition of the lastest novel in the Psy-Changeling series! I cannot wait another year for the mass paperback to come out.
Then Came You by Jill Shalvis (for review)
I already got an ARC of Then Came You so I was surprised when I was sent a finished copy. But I'm not complaining because I love Jill's books.
Stormy Persuasion by Johanna Lindsey (unsolicited)

The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons 
Tatiana and Alexander by Paullina Simons
The Summer Garden by Paullina Simons
I came across The Bronze Horseman and all its rave reviews so I had to get it. Then, of course, I had to get the entire trilogy.

E-ARCs
Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas
No Place to Fall by Jaye Robin Brown
Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes
Falling into Place by Amy Zhang

A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas
Empire of Shadows by Miriam Forster
Deliverance by C.J. Redwine

The Jewel by Amy Ewing
Winterspell by Claire Legrand
Ghost House by Alexandra Adornetto
The Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno

Perfect Kind of Trouble by Chelsea Fine
No Limits by Lori Foster
The Best Kind of Trouble by Lauren Dane
Delectable by Adrianne Lee

Before We Kiss by Susan Mallery
Until We Touch by Susan Mallery
No Strings Attached by Susan Andersen


What new books did you guys get? I wanna see! Leave your STS* link so I can come gush over them.

Happy reading,
Michelle & Leslie


*Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews

7 comments:

  1. Nicole @ The Quiet ConcertJune 14, 2014 at 4:53:00 AM PDT

    Gahh everyone has The Perilous Sea but me. They took it off EW so I can't even request it anymore *sobs* Anyway, I'm obviously excited for THAT one. And Falling Into Place, Pawn, The Jewel, Vault of Dreamers... so many of these really! Great selection!!


    Happy reading!!
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica @ a GREAT readJune 14, 2014 at 5:16:00 AM PDT

    OOOh amazing haul!!! Seeing a lot of The Perilous Sea, but haven't decided if it's for me or not! Might wait for reviews! Same goes for The Vault of Dreamers! I have A Thousand Pieces of You in my TBR stacks to read! My review pile just keeps getting bigger! It's insane!

    Hope you enjoy all these new reads! Loved Pawn as well! Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vault of Dreamers and Spirit's Key both look great. Happy reading!

    My StS:

    http://wendimlee.blogspot.com/2014/06/stacking-shelves-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have The Vault of Dreamers, looking forward to reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow tons of great looking books. Anatomy of a misfit looks great!

    Happy Reading!

    My Weekly Wrap up Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halo, saya Mr perry, pemberi pinjaman pinjaman swasta yang

    memberikan pinjaman kesempatan waktu hidup.

    Apakah Anda membutuhkan pinjaman mendesak untuk melunasi utang Anda atau Anda membutuhkan pinjaman

    untuk meningkatkan bisnis Anda?

    Anda telah ditolak oleh

    bank dan lembaga keuangan lainnya?

    Apakah Anda membutuhkan pinjaman atau hipotek konsolidasi?

    cari lagi karena kita di sini untuk membuat semua hal masalah keuangan Anda

    dari masa lalu. Kami meminjamkan dana kepada individu

    membutuhkan bantuan keuangan, yang memiliki kredit buruk atau membutuhkan uang

    untuk membayar tagihan, berinvestasi pada bisnis pada tingkat 2%. Saya ingin menggunakan ini

    media untuk memberitahu Anda bahwa kami memberikan bantuan handal dan penerima dan

    akan bersedia untuk menawarkan loan.So hubungi kami hari ini melalui email:

    perryclementloan@gmail.com data PEMINJAM 'S

    1) Nama Lengkap: ............................................. ..........

    2) Negara: .............................................. .............

    3) Alamat: .............................................. ............

    4) Negara: .............................................. ................

    5) Sex: .............................................. ..................

    6) Status Pernikahan: ............................................. ....

    7) Pekerjaan: .............................................. .......

    8) Nomer Telpon: ............................................. ...

    9) Saat ini posisi di tempat kerja: .....................

    10) Pendapatan Bulanan: .............................................

    11) Jumlah Pinjaman Dibutuhkan: .....................................

    12) Pinjaman Jangka waktu: ............................................. ...

    13) Tujuan Peminjaman: ............................................

    14) Agama: .............................................. ..........

    15) Apakah Anda menerapkan sebelum .................................

    Terima kasih, mr. perry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a haul! I could here for a long time viewing them...
    Leslie, I hope you get into Fangirl more. I thought it was a cute read. I still need to read Eleanor & Park though which I hear is better. Pawn, Spirits Key, City of Heavenly fire and a few others are on my to-read list/shelves. Hope you both enjoy these!
    Happy Reading!

    Here are
    my newest additions
    .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.