Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hello everyone,
I love cats and I love books, so it's a no-brainer to pair awesome books to the cutest cats. But really this post is all about the books--the cats are just a side benefit, albeit cute ones.

I recommend you pick up these books up this summer if you haven't already. Read them at the beach, by the pool or on your patio with a cool drink and a cat by your side. But just in case you need more convincing about the books, I'll also be linking my reviews.

First up is Jennifer E. Smith's This is What Happy Looks Like. I've read three of Ms. Smith's books so far and they are sweet, swoon-y and romantic. This is What Happy Looks Like is my favorite by her. This one is reminiscent of You Got Mail a little bit in the beginning. My review.
Cat pic via Flickr

About the book:
Perfect strangers Graham Larkin and Ellie O'Neill meet online when Graham accidentally sends Ellie an e-mail about his pet pig, Wilbur. The two 17-year-olds strike up an e-mail relationship from opposite sides of the country and don't even know each other's first names. What's more, Ellie doesn't know Graham is a famous actor, and Graham doesn't know about the big secret in Ellie's family tree. When the relationship goes from online to in-person, they find out whether their relationship can be the real thing.




Kristen Hubbard's Wanderlove is for the traveler or the traveler-at-heart this summer. It will inspire you to pack the essentials and go traveling or live vicariously through Bria. Such a wonderful, inspiring book taking a chance and going off the beaten path. My review.
Cat pic via Tumblr/Nat Volga


About the book:
Bria, an aspiring artist just graduated from high school, takes off for Central America's La Ruta Maya, rediscovering her talents and finding love.














Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland was my favorite summer read last year. If you missed it, it's worth picking up this summer. It has all the ingredients of a perfect summer read: a beach setting, friendship, first love, family drama... I just love this one! I don't know if I'll pick up its sequel, Nantucket Red, though. I really love how Nantucket Blue ended and I don't want to read more drama for Cricket. My review.
Cat pic via Pinterest


About the book:
Seventeen-year-old Cricket Thompson is planning on spending a romantic summer on Nantucket Island near her long time crush, Jay--but the death of her best friend's mother, and her own sudden intense attraction to her friend's brother Zach are making this summer complicated.











Playing Hurt was my first novel by Holly Schindler and it's so GOOD!! If you like your contemporary YA romance a little bit steamier (like, Simone Elkeles steamy), you have to pick this one up. It's told in dual perspective about two broken athletes and you just really grow to care for Chelsea and Clint. My review.

Cat pic via Pinterest/Nancy Hawley


About the book:
Chelsea Keyes, a high school basketball star whose promising career has been cut short by a terrible accident on the court, and Clint Morgan, a nineteen-year-old ex-hockey player who gave up his sport following a game-related tragedy, meet at a Minnesota lake resort and find themselves drawn together by the losses they have suffered.









My new favorite this year is Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan. I had such a great time reading this book. Josie was hilarious and Ms. McCahan captured her quirky voice so well. My review.
Cat pic via Tumblr


About the book:
Brilliant fifteen-year-old Josie has a knack for languages, but her sister's engagement has Josie grappling with the nature of true love, her feelings for her best friend Stu, and how anyone can be truly herself, or truly in love, in a social language that is not her own.










I hope you enjoyed the books and cats combo. Let me know if you read any of these books. What did you think of them?

Happy reading,
Michelle

7 comments:

  1. These are all books that I would like to read this summer!

    I have seen some really good reviews for Wanderlove. It is supposed to be a great contemporary :3

    I have always loved cats but we have two jack russells so it might not be the best idea to get one!

    Thanks for sharing & great post! :D

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, very cute idea for spotlighting some summery books! The Wanderlove cat in particular is a perfect match :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly @ Turning The PagesJune 19, 2014 at 11:48:00 AM PDT

    I haven't read any of these (yet) but they're all on my TBR list especially Nantucket Blue and Wanderlove. I love the pairings with cats! It's such a cute idea.

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw this was a really cute post. How doesn't love cute little kittens or cats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Love it. The cats are cute and I need to read these books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I CAN'T EVEN. This is adorable! Great job & great book picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GAAWWDD. THIS IS ALL TOO CUTE AND I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.