Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Book I Covet: Winterkill by Kate A. Boorman

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 with
I love the cover! Also, forbidden forests/woods are my kryptonite.


Emmeline knows the woods outside her settlement are forbidden. The mysterious enemy that wiped out half her people lurks there, keeping them isolated in an unfamiliar land with merciless winters.

Living with the shame of her grandmother's insubordination, Emmeline has learned to keep her head down and her quick tongue silent. When the settlement leader asks for her hand in marriage, it's a rare opportunity to wash the family stain clean--even if she has eyes for another. But before she is forced into an impossible decision, her dreams urge her out to the woods, where she finds a path she can't help but follow. The trail leads to a secret that someone in the settlement will kill to protect. Her grandmother went down that path and paid the price.

If Emmeline isn't careful, she will be next.





Winterkill will be released on September 9, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.



What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

10 comments:

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readJune 11, 2014 at 3:27:00 AM PDT

    OOh nice! That's new to me! Hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this on goodreads. Awesome pick!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this one a few times recently! It looks like a good one!

    Here's my WoW!

    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/06/waiting-on-wednesday-conversion.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one that I am looking forward to also. Great choice.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, sounds scary. One of those books you wouldn't want to read before bed because it would give you nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kirstymariejonesstudioreadsJune 11, 2014 at 9:08:00 AM PDT

    AHHH, such a pretty! And yup, sounds amazing, though I'm getting a Little Red Riding Hood vibe for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds kind of like The Village, but I enjoyed that movie so maybe I'd enjoy this book too! Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier!


    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, this sounds pretty interesting! I'm totally loving the cover! Awesome pick, thanks for sharing (:


    Here's my WOW at Bookmunchies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alex Sarah Louise SharrockJune 12, 2014 at 11:58:00 AM PDT

    This looks so good! I definitely will have to check it out. I love the look of the cover and the synopsis looks so intriguing.

    thanks for sharing & I hope you get a hold of it as soon as! :)

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.