Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Book I Covet: Suspicion by Alexandra Monir

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 with
Suspicion has all my buzz words: a Rebecca-like creepy manor, mysterious deaths, a childhood friend she secretly loved for years (romance!) and a purple cover!


Mysterious. Magnificent. Creepy. Welcome to Rockford Manor.

"There's something hidden in the Maze." Seventeen-year-old Imogen has never forgotten the last words her father said to her seven years ago, before the blazing fire that consumed him, her mother, and the gardens of her family's English country manor.

Haunted by her parents' deaths, Imogen moves to New York City with her new guardians. But when a letter arrives with the news of her cousin's untimely death, revealing that Imogen is now the only heir left to run the estate, she returns to England and warily accepts her role as duchess.

All is not as it seems at Rockford, and Imogen quickly learns that dark secrets lurk behind the mansion's aristocratic exterior, hinting that the spate of deaths in her family were no accident. And at the center of the mystery is Imogen herself--and Sebastian, the childhood friend she has secretly loved for years. Just what has Imogen walked into?

Combining a fresh twist on the classic Rebecca with a spine-tingling mystery and powerful romance, Suspicion is an action-packed thrill ride.


Suspicion will be released on December 9, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.



What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

10 comments:

  1. Love the cover and blurb. Seems really interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday :)

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. kirstymariejonesstudioreadsJune 25, 2014 at 5:18:00 AM PDT

    I've only read Timeless by her, haven't read the sequel yet, but enjoyed the first. Can't wait for this though! :) December though, ugh. :(

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a secret admirer before. It payed off for me, I married him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this book. The cover is amazing!
    www.theyaclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so freaking excited for this book too! It sounds fantastic and that cover is so pretty! :)
    Great pick! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty excited to read this one as well! It sounds good and I've heard great reviews about Alexandra Monir's other books.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always up for a good spooky, suspenseful Gothic read – hopefully Suspicion satisfies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty book, from cover to synopsis. Will have to keep my eyes open for it :)

    My WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have definitely been "secretly" admiring someone, though it's definitely not a secret to my friends. This guy is just so freakin' gorgeous and I feel the need to comment on it every single time I happen to walk by him while heading to class. Thank you for the giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been a secret admirer before. I was just a kid, but I ogled him every chance I got. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.