Sunday, May 25, 2014

Hello everyone,
It was a crazy week for us that ended in a celebration because Leslie graduated from high school!!
Yep, sometimes floaties are an alternative to leis to give after graduations. It's a Hawaii thing.
Yay!!!! Congratulations Les! She's one of the valedictorians and I'm soooo proud of her. In a few months she's leaving me and going off to college. But we have the summer to party... ahem... read it up.

Because of the craziness, there were only two posts this week.
My first Susan Mallery book and I liked it a lot.

It has many of my buzz words: sisters, mystery, delusions, cryptic diary entries... I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it.


Michelle: I just finished Julie James' It Happened One Wedding and I absolutely loved it. I'm sad that I'll have to wait another year for a new book by Julie (she only publishes one book per year). Her books are always such a treat to read. I am starting Sarah Beth Durst's The Lost (the first book in her new series for adults) later tonight.

Leslie: I'm currently reading Easy by Tammara Webber and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell on my phone.



The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (bought)
I have The Raven Boys but I haven't read it. Eventually, I will though so I thought I'd just get book 2.
Breakable by Tammara Webber (bought)
I loved Easy (I'm making Leslie read it) so I have to read Breakable.

Landline by Rainbow Rowell (won)
I haven't won anything in a while and then this appeared on my door because I won it. Yay!!

Giving In by Maya Banks (for review)
I got a finished copy of Giving In but I already reviewed it a few weeks back. Read my thoughts about it and an excerpt of Giving In here.
The Book of Storms by Ruth Hatfield (ARC for review)
A middle grade novel that sounds really, really good. Read the synopsis.

What new books did you guys get? I wanna see! Leave your STS* link so I can come gush over them.

Happy reading,
Michelle & Leslie


*Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews

9 comments:

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readMay 25, 2014 at 5:34:00 AM PDT

    OOoh very nice! Congrats Leslie!

    All these books are new to me but I hope you enjoy each and every one of them!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought Easy and Fangirl like two weeks ago for myself! The Dream Thieves was definitely better than The Raven Boys for me, but it was a little slow to get started. I want Breakable so bad but am not quite ready to spend the money for it yet. And yet another Rainbow Rowell that I need to read--Landline. Congrats on graduation Leslie! And on valedictorian--that's awesome! Hope you guys have a great week!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Leslie! I loved Fangirl and really enjoyed The Lost too. Come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Leslie. You should be proud of her. Sarah Beth Durst is wonderful. I love her books. Awesome haul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The floats are such a good idea! :) Congrats on graduating!!


    I can't wait to read your thoughts on Landline. I loved her other books so I hope this one is the same! :)
    Thanks for sharing and congrats again! :) xxx


    My Showcase Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Leslie!! And have a fun summer, ladies!!

    Great books, Lost is coming up on my tbr soon and I can't wait to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to read the Maggie Stiefvater series soon because everyone just loves it.
    Congratulation on graduating high school, Leslie! I hope your college experience is great! :)

    Happy reading!

    Nick - My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books this week and congrats Leslie on your graduation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Leslie on your graduation!!!
    I hope you enjoy all your reads and Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.