Sunday, May 4, 2014

New Books + Weekly Wrap-up

Sunday, May 4, 2014 with
Hello bookish friends,
It was a great week for us in terms of new books AND blogging. Here are our posts in the last two weeks.

Leslie hardly cries when reading but this one made her cry rivers. 

A warrior princess who disguises herself as a boy? I'm sold!

A YA novel set after the sun becomes a "red giant." 
Includes my thoughts and a GIVEAWAY <<enter now!!

Perfect for those who likes their romantic suspense heavy on the suspense and light on the romance. Includes my thoughts and an excerpt.

Southern gothic. 'Nuff said.

Book 2 in Maya's new Surrender trilogy. It comes out next week Tuesday (5/6). Read my thoughts about it and get a sneak peek.


These are the new books we got in the last two weeks.

Physical books
I bought Cassandra Clare's Clockwork Princess and now I have the entire Infernal Devices series. It's time to start reading them! I also bought The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson.

I'm part of the blog tour for the new Fifth Avenue series (in which each book is written by a different author!): Avenge Me by Maisey Yates, Scandalize Me by Caitlin Crews and Expose Me by Kate Hewitt.

Flirting with Forever by Molly Cannon (unsolicited ARC)
Inn at Last Chance by Hope Ramsay (unsolicited ARC)
Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre (ARC for review)

E-ARCs via Edelweiss and Netgalley

HarperTeen had new slew of books available on Edelweiss so I downloaded the ones (the first 11 books listed below) I am dying to read.
Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios
Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot
On the Edge by Allison Van Diepen
Get Even by Gretchen McNeil

Kiss Kill Vanish by Jessica Martinez
Stray by Elissa Sussman
Forbidden by Kimberley Griffths Little

Blackbird by Anna Carey
Wild by Alex Mallory
Divided by Elsie Chapman (via Netgalley's Read Now)

Whisper to Me by Christina Lee (via Netgalley's Read Now)
The Wedding Secret by Jeannie Moon (via Netgalley's Read Now)


What new books did you guys get? I wanna see! Leave your STS* link so I can come gush over them.

Happy reading,
Michelle (& Leslie)

*Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews

9 comments:

  1. Oh nice haul!! I'm dying to read Stray and Blackbird! Seeing those on lots of edelweiss hauls this week! I got Mortal Danger, too! I have high hopes for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh look at all those goodies! So excited for you :) Hope you enjoy everything!

    Happy Sunday!

    IFB Stack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really cleaned up this week. I see a lot of titles that I might pick up. Enjoy your new books.


    Grace
    books of love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of Even in Paradise. Maybe it is just because I really like the look of books that have a lot of sunlight on them!! :)

    Clockwork Princess is immense. I really enjoyed how the series was wrapped up and I hope she wraps up TMI the same way! :)

    Thanks for sharing & enjoy all your books!

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great assortment of books. I'm still reading my May releases and so have been avoiding both Edelweiss and NetGalley - but Divided was really tempting. Come see what I got this week at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, really great haul!!!! I need to get ahold of Get Even.

    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Great haul! I hope you enjoy your books!

    OUT's STS

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Fifth Avenue series sounds good, I'll have to check it out. I'm insanely jealous of Get Even and Snow Like Ashes. Enjoy them all :) My STS

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's a significant moment when the fight turns truly intense and it slowly pulls back to reveal juts how devastated chanel outlet Marineford is from all of the fighting that has gone on. It really strikes home just how intense everything has chanel outlet been with all the Devil Fruit abilities used on top of the plain fighting. With Blackbeard's crew taking on Whitebeard while everyone watches, it's a powerful sequence, one that turns lv outlet into an interesting flashback for Whitebeard that helps to cement him even more as an interesting character. Whitebeard really has come across well across this whole arc, though it took time for him to get to it, but the results here are very powerful as http://www.lakesideshopping.com/store1.html he stands firm against Blackbeard and all of Marineford. What he says during this truly places fear into Sengoku and he uses the moment to chanel replica start the true change to the world that will happen. It is a game changing event in full.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.