Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I love the cover and the title of this novel. Those were the first two things that made me take notice of Of Scars and Stardust. Then, I read the description and it has many of my buzz words: sisters, mystery, delusions, cryptic diary entries...


After her little sister mysteriously vanishes, seventeen-year-old Claire Graham has a choice to make: stay snug in her little corner of Manhattan with her dropout boyfriend, or go back to Ohio to face the hometown tragedy she's been dying to leave behind.

But the memories of that night still haunt her in the city, and as hard as she tries to forget what her psychiatrist calls her "delusions," Claire can't seem to escape the wolf's eyes or the blood-speckled snow. Delusion or reality, Claire knows she has to hold true to the most important promise she's ever made: to keep Ella safe. She must return to her sleepy hometown in order to find Ella and keep her hallucinations at bay before they strike again. But time is quickly running out, and as Ella's trail grows fainter, the wolves are becoming startlingly real.

Now Claire must deal with her attraction to Grant, the soft-spoken boy from her past that may hold the secret to solving her sister's disappearance, while following the clues that Ella left for only her to find. Through a series of cryptic diary entries, Claire must unlock the keys to Ella's past—and her own—in order to stop another tragedy in the making, while realizing that not all things that are lost are meant to be found.

Of Scars and Stardust 
will be released on October 8, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.



What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.



 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

11 comments:

  1. I love this cover. That synopsis has me hooked. Love sister stories and anything that has to do with lost letters or diaries. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds so wonderful and the cover is absolutely gorgeous.
    A great pick - thanks for sharing!
    Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kirstymariejonesstudioreadsMay 21, 2014 at 6:31:00 AM PDT

    Yeah, I'd be lying if the cover and the title wasn't the first thing that made me want to read it, haha. But sounds amazing, and definitely my type of read since I love mysteries/thrillers.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this book either! It looks so interesting and I can tell that it's going to be intense.
    Great pick!

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really interesting. The cover makes me want to read it. I really like the plot of this book.


    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, interesting. I don't read too many books like this - or contemporary in general, honestly. I love the title of this book :D I hope you read and love it!! :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what really appeals to me about your review is that you mentioned the settled calmer romance that still a lot of passion, definitely refreshing to read after a lot of tumultuous relationships! Lovely review Michelle!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah, that cover really evokes a lot of emotion. Thanks for your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you ever bought a book solely based on the title? I have done it a couple of times and to be honest, Of Scars and Stardust sounds like something I would buy based on that!

    The cover is stunning and I hope you get your hands on it soon! :D

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.