Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Book I Covet: The Young Elites by Marie Lu

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 with
It's Marie Lu's follow-up series to her excellent/fantastic/well-written series Legend series. This time she's doing high fantasy and it's gonna be awesome!

"Some hate us, think us criminals to hang at the gallows. Some fear us, think us demons to burn at the stake. Some worship us, think us divine children of the gods.

But all know us."

Adelina Amouteru is a survivor of the blood plague: marked by a jagged scar, snow-white hair and lashes. Cast out by her family, Adelina has finally found a place to belong within the secret society of Young Elites. To some, the Elites are heroes, here to save innocents in desperate situations. But to the Inquisition Axis, the white-robed soldiers of Kenettra, they are monsters with demonic powers who must be brought to justice. As Adelina learns more about this perilous world where politics and magic clash, she soon realizes that her own powers may be in danger of bringing on an era of panic such as the world has never seen.

The new series, set in what Putnam described as a “Renaissance-like world,” is called The Young Elites. It follows three rival societies with supernatural powers battling for supremacy.

The Young Elites
will be released on October 7, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.




 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

12 comments:

  1. I love the cover of this one I think it's even better than the Legend covers and can not wait to get my hands on a copy!
    P.S. Thanks for stopping by The Story Goes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle {Book Hangovers}April 16, 2014 at 11:50:00 AM PDT

    Wooo Hooo I'm excited about this one, this is the first time i've heard of it actually!!! Going down on my TBR list. Might have to W.o.W it for next week ;)

    Thanks guys! xoxo

    Stop by and Check out my W.O.W ;)

    Michelle @ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´m also excited to read this one!! and I like the cover.

    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds good! I haven't read the Legend series yet, but I really should because those books sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard her speak about this book at an event, very intrigued. Didn't have the deets, so this helps. Thanks for checking out my post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAAHHH I still need to read Champion!!!! These books are so awesome and I'll probably want to read this one once I finish the Legend trilogy. Thanks for stopping by Books Unbound :)

    Crystal @ Books Unbound

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never read any books by this autor. But it looks really great.
    I hope you can read it as soon as it is published.

    Thanks for stopping by at my wow.
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  8. kirstymariejonesstudioreadsApril 17, 2014 at 8:30:00 AM PDT

    I saw this one a few times today, but damn it sounds good. I haven't read the Legend series yet, but this sounds more like my type of book anyway. Thanks for stopping by mine yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to do the next few months the same way you have. Just read what I want and attack the TBR :) It sounds so liberating :3


    I am glad things are going well for you. The Impromptu blogging break seems to be going well for you! :)


    Thanks for sharing + A* gif usage! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like my type of book :) Will check it out!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW post!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lately I have been really getting into fantasy, going to add this to my TBR
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elen @ A World of ReviewsApril 20, 2014 at 12:01:00 PM PDT

    I had no idea Marie Lu was writing another series - it look amazing! I'm definitely adding this to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.