Book I Covet: Salt and Storm by Kendall Kulper

I haven't read a historical YA in forever and Salt & Storm sounds terribly romantic and epic.

A sweeping historical romance about a witch who foresees her own murder--and the one boy who can help change her future.

Sixteen-year-old Avery Roe wants only to take her rightful place as the witch of Prince Island, making the charms that keep the island's whalers safe at sea, but her mother has forced her into a magic-free world of proper manners and respectability. When Avery dreams she's to be murdered, she knows time is running out to unlock her magic and save herself.

Avery finds an unexpected ally in a tattooed harpoon boy named Tane--a sailor with magic of his own, who moves Avery in ways she never expected. Becoming a witch might stop her murder and save her island from ruin, but Avery discovers her magic requires a sacrifice she never prepared for.

Salt & Storm will be released on September 23, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.




 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

7 comments

  1. This one is a new one for me. I do love the cover. It's not until you read the blurb that it is a Witch. Love the rope heart.


    Nice choice!


    mich

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a interesting book, never heard of it before. So thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds enticing! Hope you love it...and what an intriguing premise and cover.

    Here's my

    WOW Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to add this one to my list - it sounds great. Thank you for sharing.
    Glass @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  5. kirstymariejonesstudioreadsApril 2, 2014 at 8:43:00 AM PDT

    YES! Seriously can't wait for it, haven't seen it around that much though, which is a shame because it sounds amazing. :)

    Here's mine


    Kirsty
    @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick, the plot sounds fantastic and good 'YA historical with a hint of magic' books are amongst my favorite reads. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this
    :)

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek, I recently discovered this one too (though I still haven't featured it as a WoW pick hehe) but YES it looks amazing! I love the historical aspect to it and of course witches ♥ The mix of sailors and witches isn't one I've encountered yet so I think that's pretty cool too :D Awesome pick ^^ Here's my WoW this week

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.