All The Things

Hello bookish peeps,
Today marks one week that I haven't posted on this here blog. I don't know what's going on with me blog-wise. It's not a slump exactly because I do want to post stuff but I just don't have the energy to do it by the time I come home from work. During the weekends all I want to do is read and not be bothered with anything else, including blogging.

But you guys I've been READING and it's great! I've been reading so much that according to Goodreads, I am 9 books ahead for my 100-book challenge. (Speaking of Goodreads, if you have a account, let's be friends!)


In the last two weeks I've been reading whatever I want. Whatever I'm in the mood for I pick up and I'm not picking up review books. It's LIBERATING! But at the same time, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking about all those review books I have yet to touch and that puts a damper on things. Sigh. Oh well.

I'm finally READING all the books I've had on my shelf for a year though so I don't feel too bad about abandoning my review stack. For now.

Besides books, I've been watching a TV show I'd never thought I'd watch just a few months ago. And it's all because of these guys
via Meryl Davis' Instagram
I fell in love with them during the Winter Olympics and I've been 'shipping for them to become a real life couple ever since even though Charlie has a long-time girlfriend. If I was the fan fiction writer type I'd totally be writing stories about them in which they fall in love on and off the ice. Anywho, the TV show I'm talking about is Dancing With the Stars. Unfortunately, they're competing against each other on the show but I'll watch any show that has Meryl and Charlie in it.

Btw, have you guys seen the movie trailer for If I Stay? I've been stalking the interwebs for the trailer since that article that showed that movie still of Mia and Adam taking a selfie (you know, that article where Chloe Moretz dissed the YA genre? Grrrr...) and it's finally here! 

After watching the trailer (multiple times) I'm still not convinced I want to see the movie. I loved the novel A LOT and I saw it differently in my head when I was reading it. I don't want the movie to change how I visualized the novel, especially when what I had in my mind was better than what the trailer [so far] had showed me. We'll see. We'll see.

Oh, and I'm going to this
It's not official official yet because I haven't bought my plane tickets but I'm 80% sure it's going to happen! I'm so excited because 1) I get to see and hang out with my library school friends again, 2) it'll be my first time in Vegas and I want to do all the Vegas things, 3) it'll be my first BIG conference, and 4) ALL THE AUTHORS, BOOKS, SIGNINGS, ALL THE BOOKISH THINGS that I never ever get to do [since I live in the middle of the Pacific Ocean] I can finally do!! You guys, I'm beyond excited!!!!

This post was all over the place. I'll end it with another reading gif just because. 

I will be posting some book-related posts soonish and this blog doesn't feel so abandoned. Also, we are part of a bunch of blog tours and I'll be posting those too in the next few weeks.

For now... 

Happy reading,
Michelle

No comments

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.