Sunday, March 2, 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up + New Books

Sunday, March 2, 2014 with
Hello everyone,
We hope you're all having a wonderful weekend with awesome reads. Here are our post in the past week.
All About The Junction of Sunshine & Lucky by Holly Schindler (incl. review and Q+A with characters Auggie and Gus)

Also, there's only 5 more days left to enter to win a copy of one of my favorite contemporary reads of 2014, Something Real by Heather Demetrios. You gotta read this book!


We had a great week when it came to new books too. We haven't gotten this many physical books in a while so there was a lot of happy dancing going on.

What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick (ARC for review)
If you stop by this blog enough you know how much I love Huntley's debut My Life Next Door. I got rejected on Edelweiss when I requested for an e-galley of What I Thought Was True so imagine my happy surprise when a physical ARC showed up.
 The Body in the Woods by April Henry (ARC for review)

Wicked Little Secrets by Kara Taylor (ARC for review)
Strange Sweet Song by Adi Rule (finished copy for review)
We featured both books as a "book I covet" a while back so we're so excited to get early copies.

Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill (ARC)
Red by Alison Cherry (ARC)
The Midnight Dress by Karen Foxlee (ARC)
The Dark Between by Sonia Gensler (ARC)
Revenge of a Not-So-Pretty Girl by Carolita Blythe (ARC)
I got a curious package from Random House with the five ARCs. I think it's back order from RandomBuzzers because I used my last "buzz bucks" before RB merged with Figment but never got anything. These were not the books I "ordered" (except for Being Sloane Jacobs) but oh well. They look interesting.
A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd (ARC; won from Shelf Awareness/Scholastic)


E-galleys & E-books
The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
The Here and Now by Ann Brashares
These were "Read Now" titles at Netgalley so I pounced!

If Only by A.J. Pine (via Netgalley)
The Wicked We Have Done by Sarah Harian (Read Now title via Netgalley)
Lady Windermere's Lover by Miranda Neville (via Edelweiss)

What new books did you guys get? I wanna see! Leave your STS* link so I can come gush over them.

Happy reading,
Michelle (& Leslie)

*Stacking the Shelves, or STS, is hosted by Tynga's Reviews

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I can't wait to get my hands on What I Thought Was True! I actually just finished The Wicked We Have Done this morning and it was fantastic, it wasn't like the usual NA books that are all about the romance :) I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great books this week. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul! The Body in the Woods looks great, same as The Wicked We Have Done. Sadly, I was declined for that last one. The Truth About Alice has a powerful cover! Looks good.
    I hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice assortment of books. I really loved Something Real when I read it. I liked Being Sloane Jacobs too. I have The Body in the Woods and The Truth About Alice on my review stack. And, since I've heard so many good things about it, I just ordered a copy of A Snicker of Magic. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying to get my hands on a copy of What I though Was True, I LOVED My Life Next Door. Great haul.

    Here is My StS

    Daisel @ Owl Alwats Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I LOVED The Midnight Dress! It seriously knocked my socks off at the end. o.O I'd love to read The Truth About Alice because...COVER and also it sounds like a fabulous read. Heh, but I thought "The Dark Between" was "The Dork Between" and I was thinking, "OMG, that is the best title, I need to check that out!" XD Pity. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was going to request Strange Sweet Song, but with my NG and EW backup decided not to. You got some great looking titles. Curious to hear what you think.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really looking forward to Strange Sweet Song---hoping a copy shows up soon actually because I'm on the blog tour! :D OH, Midnight Dress----been wanting to get my hands on a copy of that forever! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOO I would love to get my eyes on The body in the woods. It looks/sounds intriguing. I was reading about The Truth About Alice - I think I would have a hard time reading it. Only because it would make me feel terrible/sympathic and I would cry. I hope you enjoy your haul this week!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh Red is on my TBR list and I also have The Truth About Alice. Enjoy them! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!!!


    I saw that I didn't follow you yet, so Im a new follower! LOL Thanks for stopping by my blog! I like yours! Hope you enjoy reading Being Sloane Jacobs, heard a lot about it, have been eyeing it myself for a while but haven bought it yet!


    Irene @ Ice Queen's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Great haul! I picked up the same Read Now titles via NG, it's so hard to turn those down :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some seriously awesome books! What I Thought Was True is high on my tbr. Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.