Books I Covet: Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis

I love the sound of this novel. It's a different (sci-fi!) take on Snow White.


Princess Snow is missing.

Her home planet is filled with violence and corruption at the hands of King Matthias and his wife as they attempt to punish her captors. The king will stop at nothing to get his beloved daughter back—but that’s assuming she wants to return at all.

Essie has grown used to being cold. Temperatures on the planet Thanda are always sub-zero, and she fills her days with coding and repairs for the seven loyal drones that run the local mines.

When a mysterious young man named Dane crash-lands near her home, Essie agrees to help the pilot repair his ship. But soon she realizes that Dane’s arrival was far from accidental, and she’s pulled into the heart of a war she’s risked everything to avoid. With the galaxy’s future—and her own—in jeopardy, Essie must choose who to trust in a fiery fight for survival

Stitching Snow will be released on October 14, 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.




 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

15 comments

  1. That title . . . that's enough to make me want to read it! The fact that it's a sci-fi take on Snow White makes me want to read it even more. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on this one!


    Thanks for stopping by my WoW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds pretty cool! I love snowwhite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica @ a GREAT readMarch 26, 2014 at 3:27:00 AM PDT

    Ooh that sounds intriguing! Been seeing it around lately! Love the cover too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin@Blood, Sweat and BooksMarch 26, 2014 at 6:29:00 AM PDT

    Wow, I only saw this cover yesterday but didn't read what it was about at the time. This sounds great though! I love retellings so this will definitely be going on the ole TBR. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cover!! This sounds really interesting

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Sounds great! I'd love to explore a sci-fi version of the tale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. kirstymariejonesstudioreadsMarch 26, 2014 at 8:32:00 AM PDT

    YES! I'm loving retellings at the moment, and I mean, just look at that cover! Thanks for stopping by mine earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of this one :) The cover is so different! Great pick.

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is interesting - a sci-fi Snow White! I love retellings so this might be a book for me. Thanks for the heads up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love any Snow White re-tellings, so I am excited about this. I think the cover's pretty cool too. October seems far away, but I'm sure it will be here in no time. :) Thanks for stopping by my WOW post! :) --www.spiritofchildrensliterature.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just dying to read Stitching Snow! October can't come soon enough. :( Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh... love the sound of this one. It has a pretty cover too! Nice choice!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks pretty amazing---yay for retellings! Yay for sci-fi Snow White!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the sound of this, it sounds like it's inspired by Cinder in a way. Great feature ladies!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love retelling, This one looks amazing! Thanks for sharing it. Off to add it to my TBR List :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.