Book I Covet: The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris

This pick will come at no surprise since I'm a sucker for this kind of romantic contemporary YA.

According to the guys at Fairfield Academy, there are two types of girls: the kind you hook up with, and the kind you're friends with. Seventeen-year-old Alyssa Reed is the second type. And she hates it. With just one year left to change her rank, she devises a plan to become the first type by homecoming, and she sets her sights on the perfect date—Justin Carter, Fairfield Academy’s biggest hottie and most notorious player.

With 57 days until the dance, Aly launches Operation Sex Appeal and sheds her tomboy image. The only thing left is for Justin actually to notice her. Enter best friend Brandon Taylor, the school’s second biggest hottie, and now Aly’s pretend boyfriend. With his help, elevating from “funny friend” to “tempting vixen” is only a matter of time.

But when everything goes according to plan, the inevitable “break up” leaves their friendship in shambles, and Aly and Brandon with feelings they can’t explain. And the fake couple discovers pretending can sometimes cost you the one thing you never expected to want.

The Fine Art of Pretending will be released on September 2014. Click on the cover to go to the book's Goodreads page.


What book(s) do you "covet" this week?
Leave us a comment with a link so we can check your WoW of the week too.


 
"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series we do here on Wednesdays. It will feature books we are very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is basically the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, but we just like the title "books we covet" better. We will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. 

13 comments

  1. Great pick:) The Fine Art of Pretending sounds like my kinda book. Love the friends who become more stories. Thanks for stopping by My
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this one looks adorable. Kind of reminds me of the movie "Drive Me Crazy".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it does sound cute. Nice pick, thanks for stepping by and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel Harris is a great author I hear. But I know she's a cool lady because I've worked with her in the past. Awesome pick. Hope you get to read it soon :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a cute contemporary read. I would probably like this. Adding this to my wishlist as well.


    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin@Blood, Sweat and BooksMarch 5, 2014 at 5:58:00 AM PST

    I'm not sure I could read a book where the girl thinks being popular and hooking up with everyone is better than having self respect. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though hm... Cute cover nonetheless.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I have this one on my TBR list. Thank you for stopping by. :)

    Jess @ Jess Time To Read

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds so cute! I'll be adding it to my TBR. It almost reminds me of the movie Pretty in Pink, which I love! Please check out my WOW. Thanks!


    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  9. How have I not discovered this book before??? It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And...adding to my preorder list! Great pick!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not usually what I'm into but it sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out :) Great pick!


    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds really good! Not generally what I read, but I do like to try different stuff to mix things up, and I am adding this to my TBR list, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute cover on this one! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.