Monday, March 24, 2014

Hello everyone,
It feels like forever since I did a blog post (though it's less than a week) but last week was Spring Break and all I wanted to do was read and not really do anything. And that's what I did. Break is over though and it's back to work for me. But I am happy to start the week with a blog tour.


Today, we have a special guest romance author Katie Lane! Her newest novel A Match Made in Texas comes out tomorrow, March 25th!

A Match Made in Texas is the sixth book in Katie Lane's bestselling, witty and sexy Deep in the Heart of Texas series.

Living with four over-protective brothers is enough to make a good girl go bad. But the day Brianne Cates hits the road for a taste of freedom, she gets more trouble than she bargained for when she's arrested by a sexy sheriff in mirrored shades. Now doing a stint of community service, she's not going to let a cowboy cop like Dusty Hicks mess with her newfound independence-even if he awakens every wicked fantasy she's ever had.

In Bramble, Texas, Dusty is the law. That means no leniency for the gorgeous rebel whose highway antics almost got them both killed. The divorced lawman doesn't need another rich, pampered princess, even if Brianne has the lushest body and sweetest smile in the whole darn state. But even as Brianne proves that she lives to walk on the wild side, Dusty begins to wonder if maybe he has what it takes to tame her...

Doesn't that sound good? I, for one, love the cover. I'm a sucker for hot men with mirrored shades. And don't let the fact that it's the 6th book in the series scare you away because it can be read as a standalone.

We asked Katie to share with us her top five favorite villains. Here's her list.

Katie's Top 5 Favorite Villains:

1. Lord Voldemort: I think my fear has more to do with his dirty nails than his snake-like appearance and scary voice. I’m a wee bit of a germaphobe and dirty fingernails freak me out.

2. Snidely Whiplash: Such evil in a cartoon character, and you have to admire a man who knows how to properly tie up a woman.

3. Wicked Witch of the West: As a kid, she scared the crap out of me. Not so much as the wicked witch, but as Dorothy’s neighbor who stole her dog. I had a middle-school math teacher who was really mean and rode a bike with a basket on the front. Whenever I walked my peek-a-poo, Pudgy, I always ran when I saw her.

4. The Wolf in Little Red Riding Hood: In one story, the wolf killed the grandma, and in another, he only locks her in the closet until the woodcutter lets her out. This latter version really bothered me as a child. I think it was the image of the wolf undressing grandma and tossing her naked in the closet. I would rather he ate her and be done with it.

5. Jim Carrey as the Riddler. It was Jim in the skin-tight, green leotard. I swear I had nightmares about that.

Thanks for hosting me, Michelle and Leslie!

*****
More about Katie...
Katie Lane is the USA Today bestselling author of the Deep in the Heart of Texas and Hunk for the Holiday series. Katie lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and when she isn't writing, enjoys reading, going to the gym, golfing, traveling, or just snuggling next to her high school sweetheart and cairn terrier Roo.

You can visit her website for more info about her books and chat with her on Twitter and Facebook.

As part of the blog tour, Forever Romance/Hachette has a special giveaway.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Good luck and happy reading,
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Hi y'all! I'm thrilled to be here with you, Michelle, and Leslie. I'll be here all day so if you have any questions, ask away. And Good Luck in the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a favorite, because I haven't read any of her books yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again, Katie! As you can see, I've been "stalking" you on your tour. I just can't understand why you are a new-to-me author...I must've been asleep for quite a while, evidenced by your backlist on Amazon! Gotta go shopping ... jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.